Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: help plz iphone problem of the century (not only frozen but cant....)!!!!!

Default help plz iphone problem of the century (not only frozen but cant....)!!!!!
    my iphone is freezing and not going past the apple sign when i try to do the recovery technique my itunes says i need my password in order to reboot or recover but there is no way for me to input a password cuz my iphone doesnt go pass the apple sign. and when it does get there the loading rings appear and then it resets or freezes again

i have read thru the forum but i havent seen anything involng inputting a password
    any ideas?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Problem of the century huh? haha...

Boot the phone. Put into DFU restore mode (hold home and power till the screen goes BLACK... then release power and continue to hold home).. then plug your phone into itunes while the screen is still BLACK and it should register in recovery mode. Then restore and rejailbreak/unlock.

see the thing is when i do that my itunes sends an error message saying that i have a password on my phone which needs to be unlocked b4 i can do a recovery
    im not sure if this is my security password but even so i cant get into the phone to unlock the password
    any ideas?

my firmware is 1.1.3. if this helps at all
    Last edited by poppasin; 2008-04-12 at 11:22 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

You have not put it into DFU mode correctly if iTunes says anything other than "iPhone dectected in recovery mode, please restore".

thats all i can do tho
    do u know about iplus2.0 will that work?

i put it into the mode where the plug sign and the itunes sign appears is that not the dfu mode?

i also get an error signal stating that itunes cannot find the ipod server supported or something like that

Help Plz
    Last edited by poppasin; 2008-04-13 at 04:56 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

is the password on your sim or iphone?

if its the sim just take the sim card out :P
    Trying is the first step to failure

ok let me break down everything completely so everyone understands where im at
    My problem is that my phone (1.1.3 firmware, non-at&t) will not go past the apple logo laoding screen unless i put it into recovery mode (itunes symbol + charge plug symbol). Now when it is in recovery mode itunes does not recognize it at all. I recieve the error code 1 ipod server cannot be connected or it tells me that the itunes server cannot be reached check connection (no problem with my connection tho so i dont understand this).

i have try'd many solutions (nothing works so far)
    1.) i try'd DFU mode: holding down the home and power button and releasing the power button (but not the home button) after screen turns black and then connecting to itunes but itunes would not restore my phone, giving the error message 'iphone software updater could not be contacted, check network connection...'
    2.) i try'd putting my iphone into recovery mode where the plug and itunes symbol appears but itunes does not recognize it at all when in this state i get the error message 'ipod server cannot be found'
    3.) i also try'd to use iplus and ziphone at different times (with no prevail phone still just restarts then freezes at apple logo with loading circle spinning and phone vibrating for no reason)

I have read thru many forums and it seems that there is no solution to my specific problem there are similar one's out there but obviously not the same due to the fact that their solutions did not work with my phone.(i did not see anyone mention their phone vibrating while frozen, mines does this)
    if any one understand my problem or has the time to help me figure something out please hit me up asap
    i have been working on this problem for 4 days straight now (lost alot of sleep)

my symptoms
    freezes at apple logo with loading circle still spinning
    also during this time the phone vibrates in sets ot three every ten seconds or so for maybe a minute or two before it restarts and does the same thing again.
    after about 2 or 3 cycles of this ******** the loading circles stop spinning (but are still visible) and the phone becomes completely frozen at apple logo

someone, anyone plz help!!!!!

Thanks

If your phone is truly in DFU mode and you plug it in and get
    "iphone software could not be updated..." this means you do not have an active internet connection. I don't really see why iTunes would care about this but I've never not had internet when DFU restoring before.

You are not the only one with this problem. I have messed with my phone enough that I have gotten the SWOD (spinning wheel of death) with the vibration many many times and have successfully brought my phone back to life with a correct DFU restore.

You are wasting your time trying to use ziphone/iLibrty/iPlus/pwnage until you have RESTORED your phone back to factory settings.

Can U Help Then?

Thanks

get an internet connection, then go into dfu mode and restore
    http://modmyi.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=303541&dateline=12514  03473

i have internet connection tho
    im online right now even tho its wireless

does it matter?

Thanks

you'll get a lot more attention if you post in the right forum

moved

i dont know which forum should i be in?
    im a noob if u couldnt tell so i dont know tooo much about this

Thanks

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/downloa...o=file&id=2231

download that, then go into dfu mode. then hold the option key and click restore.(for windows its shift) then locate the file you downloaded
    http://modmyi.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=303541&dateline=12514  03473

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Chase817 For This Useful Post:

poppasin (2008-04-14)

ok im down loading th 1.1.4 firmware but i dont think ima nbe able to install it cuz i cant do anyting thru itunes!
    i trying to downgrade using this method ur talking bout (shift + restore click on firmware press ok) but after extracting files my phone does not stay in dfu mode and itunes sends error message "ipod cannot contact update server..."

i have reinstalled itunes and the same thing happens the funny thing is i cant even get to the itunes store i get error message also

it states my network connection was reefused?? refused???
    Last edited by poppasin; 2008-04-14 at 09:42 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

why don't you try uninstalling and reinstalling itunes. or even reboot your pc if you haven't

thx alot everything wk out!!!!