Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone doesn't go blank when talking...

Thanks

Default iPhone doesn't go blank when talking...
    Ok, I'm not sure what I did, but whenever I go to put my phone up to my ear, it doesn't go blank or touchless anymore... I am ALWAYS hitting something with my ear/face, and dialing random people, or muting or putting people on hold... WHAT DID I DO??? This started happening when I was on 1.1.1 then I went to 1.1.4 and it's still the same.. FYI it is Jailbroken.

So, like I said, I am on 1.1.4 and I uninstalled damn near everything. I searched and found really nothing about this...
    I really want to figure out how to fix this cuz I'm tired of calling people at random and having them call back for me to explain how retarded this is.. LOL

Any thoughts???

FYI: I have already restored a couple times to see if something might have happened in upgrading... same thing every time.
    Last edited by Nic; 2008-04-11 at 04:32 PM. Reason: :)

try choosing new iphone rather then existing backup after restore.
    Cuz backups reapply alot of changes and settings that 3 party apps do to the os files.
    (Downside is that you have to reenter everything manually into the phone again)
    Sorry for the horrible grammar, english isn't my main language.

Dont worry, your english is better then many posts I have read , where english is their first and only language. LOL

4. The Following User Says Thank You to reyalp411 For This Useful Post:

Hagge10 (2008-04-12)

The detector thingy mabob may have broked.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

My friend has a similar issue, but its not because his screen doesnt go blank, its he doesnt hold it close enough to his head. Make sure that it isnt your not holding it close enough to you by testing the sensor.

It is on the front of the phone towards the top right of it. So call 611 or any number and hold the phone away from you. Once the call is active put your finger over the entire top black portion above the screen, where the speaker is.

If the screen goes black, then your holding your phone too far away. If it doesnt, the sensor may be bad.
    16 GB 1.1.4 Ziphone Unlocked, Activated, Jailbroken
    If I helped you make sure to hit the thanks button

[How To] Customize on 1.1.3 and 1.1.4......Windows Guide...............OS X Guide

How To Fix A Broken Ringer/Silent Switch