Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Email and SMS text messaging

Default Email and SMS text messaging
    Background info: I bought an unlocked iphone from ebay. I used T-mobile for a period of time. Then parents made me switch to AT&T. I also got the 2 year plan, virtual voicemail works and stuff. I got my iphone bricked (longer story) but now its okay and back up.
    Problem: Right now it won't let me use the Mail. I get the error with
    "Cannot Connect Using SSL: Do you want to try setting up the account without SSL?" Then i hit yes. then i get this. ''Gmail account verification failed: The POP server "pop.gmail.com" is not responding. Check your network connection and that you entered the correct information in the "Incoming Mail Server" field.

Also I'm having trouble text messaging. When I try to send a text message, it says it sent, but it never does. And after a few seconds it supposedly "sent" I get a message from this weird number and it says
    (phone number of person i try to send message" Error Invalid Number. Please re-send using a valid 10 digit mobile number or valid short code. (Then it displays my message I attempted to send)

Thanks

¬mizdachubz

iPhone? More like MyPhone ijustin's Avatar
    Thanks

best thing to do is restore man

and activate using a att sim
    Last edited by ijustin; 2007-10-18 at 07:14 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I've already done that. But I also realized that when someone else texts me, I can text back and it will work.

Hmm I am having the same problem... and the two people have verizon phones... but i have other people that are on verizon and i can text them fine.. the iphone like auto puts a 1 in front of my digits.. and in turn making it a NOT 10 digit number... so i dont know why... its jailbroken but i mean.. not real clue what is going on..

Check your gmail server settings. IMAP does not equal POP. Check the same on your phone.

You can't pull IMAP mail from a pop server.
    Search NAZI