Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Wanna get a replacment phone

Default Wanna get a replacment phone
    I have some cosmetic damages on my phone. Just small dents from dropping, nothing bad at all. Anyone know any tricks to get a apple store to replace the phone trouble free. I have a valid activated att phone so that isnt an issue. I just need a good lie to get them to replace the actual hardware unit instead of just trying to fix it.
    8Gb iPhone
    1.1.4 Jailbroke on AT&T
    Windows XP on Sony VAIO Laptop

iPhone? More like MyPhone scottvalentine's Avatar
    Thanks

Just get a case to hide them...you probably could go into an apple store and tell them your phone is having intermitten problems....home button sticking....but id wait until something actually happens to your phone and you really do need a replacement.

BTW im on my 4th iphone
    1st-home botton sticking after double click update
    2nd hairline crack on the screen
    3rd dock and home buttons stopped working

the apple store graciously gave me three brand new phones
    There are No stupid questions, Only stupid people

Quote Originally Posted by scottvalentine View Post
    Just get a case to hide them...you probably could go into an apple store and tell them your phone is having intermitten problems....home button sticking....but id wait until something actually happens to your phone and you really do need a replacement.

BTW im on my 4th iphone
    1st-home botton sticking after double click update
    2nd hairline crack on the screen
    3rd dock and home buttons stopped working

the apple store graciously gave me three brand new phones
    Did you have a valid att account as well?

you have to either have a valid AT&T or prepaid accounts to get an exchange. if you walk in there with a jail broken phone with a t mobile sim, your just begging to be ridiculed.

My iPhone is a Part of Me pokekid's Avatar
    Thanks

best way that i know is to make an appt with the genius bar and while on your way use as much resources as that stock little phone can do like run music, keep pushing email and refreshing browser. then reset your usage stats or plug it in the car charger if u have one and set all those battery draining things off and then begin your story: tell them you have already restored, soft reset and hard reset a million times, your battery isnt lasting a half of a day, your calls drop sometimes, phone shuts off and on at night, just be creative.
    im on my 5th or 6th one because of actual problems but i know people who have gotten it to work