Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Going to Apple Store

iPhone? More like MyPhone Farrizx's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Going to Apple Store
    So im going to the apple store so they can fix my iPhone...Well it was unlocked for T-Mobile and jailbroken. I restored so hopefully they wont find out. I put the AT&T Sim card back in. My iPhone is refurbished so it could work! So what does everyone think?
    Last edited by Farrizx; 2008-04-09 at 06:55 PM.

Did you revirginize or just restore? I'd recommend you revirginize as a plain restore won't remove the unlock. Also, in my experience they won't do any repair without an active ATT account.

Thanks

How do i revirginize? And if it doesnt work ill just send it to apple cause they sent me a box to send it to them

I just went through this - first off no matter what they tell you, it is not required to have an active att acount. If you get a good guy he will help you if you get a jag you are screwed. So do not back down.

you could also buy an at&t prepaid sim and bring it in with that.

if you 100% can not get it back to factory specs there is another solution. I do not recomend this as it will 100% destroy your phone and they will not be able to power it on or anything so they will have to replace it. With the phone on take rubbing alcohol on a q-tip and "clean" the bottom port. It will fry the phone to where is can not be turned on. so no "repair" just a replace

Thanks

ehh i dont really want to fry the phone cause if they dont replce it im screwed, but how do you revirginize the phone? my appointment is in 1 hour! please some1!

My problem was the Grey Wifi thing, they can fix this right?
    Last edited by Farrizx; 2008-04-09 at 08:56 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

The new Ziphone unlock fixs the Gray Wi-Fi, There must be something you can download to fix that without going to AT&T
    EDM

Thanks

But i didnt use ZiPhone to unlock my iPhone in the first place i used iPlus. And im not going to AT&T, im sending it to Apple HQ to fix it

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

so...did you go to the store at all?

def need ot activate it on itunes. use a prepaid card and you should be good.

Thanks

yea they said its not activated and cant do anything...
    So now im gonna try one more time to fix it, and if it doesnt work im mailing it to apple HQ for them to fix it for me, apple already sent me the box i just have to go to fed Ex for them to ship it :/

dude, just activate a pre paid sim, and have someone else go in. i suggest killing the phone so it doesnt even turn on (after you activate the pre paid sim)

Thanks

i dont want to kill it then it wont work anymore, and i just called At&T nd they said the iPhone doesnt work with PrePaid...Im just going to send it to Apple, they already sent me the box to send it to them, what the harm if i send it? Can they tell its been unlocked before at the HQ?
    Last edited by Farrizx; 2008-04-09 at 11:07 PM.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

@ farrizx

you seem to not understand the situation. apple won't fix it for you without a valid at&t account. you should have gone into the store with the iphone activated with the prepaid sim. of course at&t says it doesn't work with the prepaid sim as it wants/needs you to sign up for their iphone plan and guess what? it does. any unlocked/activated iphone will work with any gsm carrier.

by sending it to apple they most likely won't fix it for you either

Thanks

I called apple they infact said to take the sim card out of the phone, in the box it comes with a paperclip and says take the Sim card out before sending the phone. So my only problem is do i have to do anything to the phone before i send it so they cant tell that it was unlocked, all i did was restore it a few times. Do i do anything else?

Also im not going to go to the apple store, with the phone unlocked, then they wouldnt help me at all and just void the warrenty!
    Last edited by Farrizx; 2008-04-09 at 11:30 PM.

You know the dev team created a way to fix the greyed out wifi? iphone-dev.org, front page...

Thanks

tried it and didnt work, i tried every way exept the ZiPhone way cause i heard it wasent good. I even tried the Dev Teams way about 3 times and it said they were set to backup or what ever, and it still isnt working.

Why don't you just restore instead of sending it to apple? It seems more of a hassle.

Thanks

just use ziphone!!! dont be stubborn...
    http://modmyi.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=303541&dateline=12514  03473

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ajl917 View Post
    You know the dev team created a way to fix the greyed out wifi? iphone-dev.org, front page...
    I've already directed him to the swifi fix in two different threads started by him but he seems to want to go to the last resort

Thanks

I tried the swifi fix 3 times, all it fixed was the not ringing on sleep mode but wifi is still not working. And i restored about 20 times. So im not wanting to send it to apple i spent all day yesterday tring to fix it, and NOTHING worked. So im forced to the last resort or i end up with no iPhone

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast