Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Going to Apple Store

Quote Originally Posted by Farrizx View Post
    yea they said its not activated and cant do anything...
    So now im gonna try one more time to fix it, and if it doesnt work im mailing it to apple HQ for them to fix it for me, apple already sent me the box i just have to go to fed Ex for them to ship it :/
    all they would probably do is send it back to you and say they can't do it for the same reason as the retail store.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Farrizx's Avatar
    Thanks

can ppl please read the rest of the posts...I said that when i called apple they told me to take the SIM out of the phone, so it doesnt matter if its activated when i recived the instructions it said take SIM out...So they arent going to say the same reason because there is no SIM in the first place

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

it DOES matter if it's activated. they tell you to take the sim card out of your phone so you can use it in another phone so you're not stuck with absolutely no access to using a phone while your iPhone is being shipped back to Apple.

if you ship it back unactivated, as dp said, they'll send it back to you and tell you the exact same thing that the apple store told you. think about it, how would you know that there's a wifi issue if the phone has never been activated? plus, by sending it back to apple, they have more resources to test whether your phone has been jailbroken/unlocked or not, even if you put it back to factory setting

you are not currently without a phone. your phone works fine except that it won't connect to wifi. send it back if you want as you feel that you have no other choice or you can do more research and try more methods

i had to send in my 16 gig already to apple becuase i cracked the screen....all i did was a simple restore and took out my sim..i told the apple pupil on the phone that i just got it for my b-day and i didnt get a chance to go to at&t yet but i said i was just showing my friends and i had took it out of my pocket one last time and all of sudden my screen was broke he replyed saying ok but make sure to get it activated soon....and tada no problems i had gotten sent to me a brand new iphone no questions asked

Thanks

Ok, it doesnt matter because i have the sim. And they do not know my phone number because when they asked i told them i dont ahve it ATM and i just gave them my serial number. When its shipped as long as the SIM card is out the phone wont be activated. The SIM card is what would make the Phone Activated. As soon as the SIM is removed unless its unlocked you would go to the slide for emergeency screen and it says no SIM. Also i told the person at apple that i dont have an account yet because i just got it, which is true i just. They said thats fine because you have to take the SIM out anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by jtesnani View Post
    it DOES matter if it's activated. they tell you to take the sim card out of your phone so you can use it in another phone so you're not stuck with absolutely no access to using a phone while your iPhone is being shipped back to Apple.

if you ship it back unactivated, as dp said, they'll send it back to you and tell you the exact same thing that the apple store told you. think about it, how would you know that there's a wifi issue if the phone has never been activated? plus, by sending it back to apple, they have more resources to test whether your phone has been jailbroken/unlocked or not, even if you put it back to factory setting

you are not currently without a phone. your phone works fine except that it won't connect to wifi. send it back if you want as you feel that you have no other choice or you can do more research and try more methods

farrizx- do you want help? If so you are not listening. I got a new phone from the apple store last Friday. I have an unlocked phone and no active at&t. Like I said in the first post your options are:
    Revirginize and take it to a Apple store don't take no for an answer.
    If that doesn't work get a prepaid put it in and go to the store with a virginized phone.
    Lastly if you can't virginize it fry it and bring it in with a prepaid card so when they look up the number it show valid. Apple doesn't care what your at&t contract is as long as you are using them. I gave them my t-mobile number and they were like this isn't active. I said well thats my number I will take it up with at&t. Walked out with a new phone

Thanks

so whats the harm if i send it to them?

Quote Originally Posted by Farrizx View Post
    so whats the harm if i send it to them?
    they are going to void your warentee and send it back the same way. Just do it because you don't want to listen to all the advice here. The way I see it 2 options:

1)go to wallmart and buy a at&t prepaid (i think they are even on sale)

2)Go buy a new phone because once you send that one to apple you are screwed!

If you send it in to Apple they'll reject the repair request imo. Here's what I did to get two phones repaired: I signed up at an ATT store and they gave me an activated sim. I put the sim in the phone and went to the Apple store - they replaced the phone no questions asked. Then I canceled the ATT account within 3 days so I didn't pay the activation fee nor get tied in a contract. It's not an elegant solution, but it's worked for me twice (first phone had a unresponsive screen and the second kept giving me "repair needed" messages that I couldn't fix) Luckily my 3rd phone has been fine for months.

Thanks

I used BootNeuter to turn everything off so apple cant tell that it was unlocked. And i might try redspy's idea because id ahve to unlock the phone for the AT&T Prepaid SIM. But its too late. If the warrenty gets void then, i could sell it on ebay :P It should cause BootNeuter turned off the unlock and and everything. Its almsot impossible for them to tell it was unlocked.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

im in the same Predicament my phone froze and wont slide at all they sent me the box to return it but don’t know if I should I used ziphone to jailbreak it and then restored it like ten times and I’m a valid att customer what should I do?? Any help would be appreciated… I restored it and never unlocked it is that enough?

Thanks

Yea you should be fine just restore and take it to a local apple store to fix, just go to apple.com and make an appointment

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Farrizx For This Useful Post:

slacker4_1 (2008-04-10)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

thanx a bunch i was hella worried what happened with your phone??

Thanks

i got this weird wifi problem, dont know how

Quote Originally Posted by redspy View Post
    If you send it in to Apple they'll reject the repair request imo. Here's what I did to get two phones repaired: I signed up at an ATT store and they gave me an activated sim. I put the sim in the phone and went to the Apple store - they replaced the phone no questions asked. Then I canceled the ATT account within 3 days so I didn't pay the activation fee nor get tied in a contract. It's not an elegant solution, but it's worked for me twice (first phone had a unresponsive screen and the second kept giving me "repair needed" messages that I couldn't fix) Luckily my 3rd phone has been fine for months.
    does this mean you technically didnt pay anything to get it replaced?

Thanks

Apple is sending me a brand new iPhone! Im getting it 2marow! cant wait!

Quote Originally Posted by franklinromeo View Post
    does this mean you technically didnt pay anything to get it replaced?
    I didn't anything to get the phones replaced.

Thanks

next time ill sign up for AT&T and cancel, but for now apple replaced my iPhone and im getting it 2mmarow =D.

^^ You are lucky, and it appears that BootNueter works. I would never send my iPhoneto apple HQ. But then again, it is extremely difficult to kill your phone software wise.
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream!

so what's the proper/safe way to completly virginize the phone so it looks untouched?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast