Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How do I simply upload Add-On's to my iPhone?

Default How do I simply upload Add-On's to my iPhone?
    Hey Guys & Gals,

I just got the 16Gb iPhone here in the UK two weeks ago and then did the 1.1.4 Unlock/Jailbreak program without any problems. Since then I have been able to upload photos, music and some movies of my own from my comp through iTunes, but I still can't figure out how to get the thing to upload any additional stuf, such as different screens, backrounds, keypads layouts, new buttons, games, etc. Also, I have been unable to figure out how to be live online with it since I have no clue how to figure out what my server connection's password, etc. is to even be able to activate that EDGE thing or use the Installer offline. :-P

Can anyone please help walk a Newbee through this step-by-step in laymen's terms?

Search man. Start on the guides section. Then google, then ask...

to add things manually you need a program to run SSH. if you are on windows try winscp. install it on your PC and then just set up a new connection using your ipod IP address as Host Name and using "root" as username and "alpine" as password. that will let you see the file structure on the iphone and then you can add your games and things to /applications and wallpapers and stuff to the respective folders. themes need to go in /private/var/root/Library/Summerboard/Themes. you will probably need to set permissions for stuff you add by right clicking the folder and choosing properties. most things need to have permissions set to 755, and use the "set recursive" option to apply to all files within the folder.

youll need to search a bit if you wnt to find out how exactly to do all this stuff, but its not difficult. Using installer is however far easier