Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 'Safari can't open the page because it can't find the server' ?

Default 'Safari can't open the page because it can't find the server' ?
    hey, i downgraded to 1.12 from 1.14. (using ziphone)
    I lost my installer application when i did and so i have reverted back to 1.14 (i believe ive done this correct)
    However since ive used ziphone i havent been able to connect to safari, use any of the original applications (e.g. google maps, stocks) and so i would really appreciate any guidance/advice.

Im 90% sure that the problem is not with my router because my laptop is working fine.

MikeBeB

if you are on a mac, go to system preferences and under the network icon, look in the tcp/ip section at the ip, the subnet mask and the router and enter those into your phone...then make sure your http proxy is turned off and you are under the dhcp tab and it should work, at least that is what i had to do to my phone to make it work...peace

Quote Originally Posted by schwerb View Post
    if you are on a mac, go to system preferences and under the network icon, look in the tcp/ip section at the ip, the subnet mask and the router and enter those into your phone...then make sure your http proxy is turned off and you are under the dhcp tab and it should work, at least that is what i had to do to my phone to make it work...peace
    hey thanks but i am on windows xp on my pc
    Sorry should have made myself more clear
    do you know how i could do that^^ on windows?

thanks

try to find something that tells you about the internet/wifi connection in specifics, not just whether or not it is turned on or not. network/wifi/isp...something that tells you exactly what the server is and where the signal is coming from...i will look on my computer at work to see if i can find one, it is a windows machine...hope this helps, peace

go to the start menu, go to control panel, lan connection or high speed internet, that will bring up a connection status panel that you then click the support tab...that tab will tell you the specifics of exatly what you will enter in as per my instructions above in the first post. let me know if this doesn't work and i will ask around. i usually don't work with a windows machine, but this should work as when i went to this on my work machine, it was the same info as my macbook pro...it should work. peace
    Last edited by schwerb; 2008-04-08 at 11:13 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost