Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: home button broken

Thanks

Default home button broken
    one day, a couple of months ago, someone dropped my phone and its been harder to press the home button ever since. today it got so bad that i had to press the home button with a screwdriver a couple of times. im planning on taking it to apple soon. i am going to virginize it with ziphone 3.0. should i tell the the story how it is, (this one) or should i modify the story a little bit? thanx
    http://modmyi.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=303541&dateline=12514  03473

Do not say you dropped it. Just say it was hard to press when you got it and you figured you'd ignore it until recently when it just became so bad.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to GregTheWang For This Useful Post:

Chase817 (2008-04-10)

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

do you have an AT&T account? don't expect them to help you if you don't

Thanks

ya, im on AT&T
    http://modmyi.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=303541&dateline=12514  03473

My iPhone is a Part of Me m3thodandr3d's Avatar
    Thanks

If you have an AT&T account, I recommend updating to 2.0 with itunes. Then when you get the purple screen just restore down to 1.1.4. This will leave the iPhone in DFU. They will try to restore, but the phone won't work because the baseband won't match the firmware version and after 2 attempts give you a new phone. Tell them the phone kept restarting and it showed an itunes logo with a cable. They will think its a corrupted software issue.
    I've tried this out with my AT&T 4.9 bl otb downgraded to 3.9bl. They never knew I modded it and won't be able to check since they can't get it out of restore. Enjoy your new iPhone!
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you out

7. The Following User Says Thank You to m3thodandr3d For This Useful Post:

Chase817 (2008-04-10)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by m3thodandr3d View Post
    If you have an AT&T account, I recommend updating to 2.0 with itunes. Then when you get the purple screen just restore down to 1.1.4. This will leave the iPhone in DFU. They will try to restore, but the phone won't work because the baseband won't match the firmware version and after 2 attempts give you a new phone. Tell them the phone kept restarting and it showed an itunes logo with a cable. They will think its a corrupted software issue.
    I've tried this out with my AT&T 4.9 bl otb downgraded to 3.9bl. They never knew I modded it and won't be able to check since they can't get it out of restore. Enjoy your new iPhone!
    thanks for the help, but i want to get it replaced in a way that if they maybe dont replace it i can still have a useable phone...
    so are you SURE it will work? because gathering up $400 is hard for a 13 year old, lol
    Last edited by Chase817; 2008-04-10 at 03:40 AM.