Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: hey, iphone noob in need of help!

Default hey, iphone noob in need of help!
    hey, i would firstly like to apologise as im sure what i am about to ask will have been covered countless times. However i have been unable to find the relavent threads. I have had a fairly extensive search, i have been reading threads for about 2 hours now.

I am rather useless with computers so if anyone would be willing to help they will need to explain things very clearly. I do not know what any any of the acronyms mean that i have seen in the threads.

I purchased an unlocked iphone 1.14 privately, everything works fine, it has the 'installer' application which has worked and allowed me to download the 'sketch' and 'GARF' applications.

I would now like to take songs from my laptop and pc and put them onto my iphone. I am using vista on my laptop and xp on the pc. I am at a loss as to how i go about putting songs on from 2 computers.

Once i have done this i was hoping to take FXG movies that i have downloaded and put them on my iphone, is this possible? if so, how?

Can anyone help please?
    Alternatively if anyone knows where there is a guide to my queries or a good faq page then a response would be greatly appreciated,

Many Thanks In Advance,
    Michael Bebbington

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

does sound like you've ever connected your phone to your comp/itunes...use the usb it came with and connect the phone to itunes and sync your songs

i have manually added songs from my laptop itunes and when i link my iphone to my pc it comes up with the error re: syncing a second computer and erasing all the current songs on my iphone.
    i want to know how to avoid deleting my current songs and adding more!
    thanks

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

oh yes i believe there's an app in installer called swaptunes where it allows you to do that...

yes... download swaptunes. Everytime you wanna sync with a different computer, run the app once.