Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: New To iPhone

Default New To iPhone
    Hi everyone

I hope you can help me. I live in the States and over the next few days i will have the money for my new 8GB iPhone. I plan on buying in from the apple store $399, so would it be possible to ask a few questions

1. Can i just buy the phone in chash and walk away "without a contract"
    2. Will it just be a matter of getting it home and using ziphone to unlock it
    3. And will i be able to use my Pay And Go T-Mobile sim in my new phone

Thank you in advance for any help you can give me. I have never done any unlocking of any kind so i thought it best to ask before diving in to this. Thanks again

1 not sure
    2. yes
    3. yes, you wont be able to get on the internet outside of your wifi tho.

Thank you so much for your help madrog

So the wi-fi on the iPhone is not like my laptop and Sony PSP? I have a router at home and comcast highspeed and use the above to go on the internet. So the wi-fi on the iphone is Sim Card dependent?

1. No cash, only credit card.
    You can use wifi where ever you find it, it has nothing to do with your sim card. And if Pay And Go T-Mobile offers gprs or edge you can use it to connect to the net. But be careful as they may charge an arm and an leg for data usage.
    Don't be shy if I helped you use the Thanks button, I do it.

Thank you guys, you have been a big help. Thanks again

I had a thought that cash mite not work. I hope that the pre paid credit cards will help. Thanks again

the apple store takes cash