Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Downgrade Issues: Address Book

Default Downgrade Issues: Address Book
    I posted this in another thread but didn't get any responses so I thought I'd start my own thread about it.

a problem i've run in to...

after downgrading, everything works great except i have a little bit of an issue with text messaging. when i tap on the plus sign to create a new message, i start to type in the person's name i want to text. after typing the first letter, it starts narrowing down the names as usual... however, no matter what i type for the second letter, i get no results. due to this... i now can only type in the first letter of their name and have to scroll down to find them.

yes... this isn't that big of a deal... it's just kind of annoying. anyone know how to fix this?

an update to this...

i've found that when i add new names to my address book on my iphone, that they end up showing up LAST within that letter of the alphabet. so in other words, if the name Amanda is the last name beginning with an "A" in my old address book (names i imported when restoring my backup after downgrading) and i add the name Aaron to it... rather than having Aaron near the beginning of the "A's", it will actually show up last, after Amanda.

so i've realized that this is not just a texting issue, but also simply an iphone address book issue. if i go through the address book on my iphone to simply call them... the issue is there as well.

i'm wondering that if i would be able to delete all my contacts off of my iphone and re-sync them from the backup on my computer, would it correct this? are there any other ideas? this is getting really annoying...
    21.5" iMac 3.06 GHz Intel Core i3 l 15" MacBook Pro 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7 l 17" PowerBook 1.67 GHz
    iPhone 4 32 GB l  TV 160 GB l 32 GB iPad

Thanks

In Settings > Phone change the Contacts display order to First, Last.

nope, no go. thanks for the idea though...

any other takers?
    21.5" iMac 3.06 GHz Intel Core i3 l 15" MacBook Pro 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7 l 17" PowerBook 1.67 GHz
    iPhone 4 32 GB l  TV 160 GB l 32 GB iPad

Thanks

TIP: Sync your contacts on your iPhone with Windows Address Book or Yahoo! Address book. Edit each and every field of every single contact (yeah i know thats a pain) delete all contacts of your iPhone and re-sync it with either WAB or YAB.