Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Iphone stuck in Recovery Mode

Default Iphone stuck in Recovery Mode
    Hello,

I follow the Tutorial from Unlock the iPhone 1.1.2 (Upgrade) - (http://modmyi.com/wiki/index.php/Unl..._%28Upgrade%29).

I tryied exacltly as told in the Tutorial....

I had 1.11 OTB and working with another carrier with Installer.App instaled. (unlocked)

I try to upgrade to 1.12 or 1.13 and I stuck with the same image in my iphone (itunes icon+usb cable).

After that I tryed to restore via Itunes and I get error message "the iphone could not be restored. An unknown error occured (-50)".

Any hints....My iphone is now DEAD??!!!

What should I do??

Many thanks in Advacne,

cameti2

ok so ur in recovery mode.... get ziphone and tell it to go into normal mode and should kkick it out of recovery
    always hit the thanks button

no signature spam/links... Thanks

It worked for me....! Thanks!

Now, I have an Iphone with 1.11 with version 4.02.13G.

I succesfully activated the Iphone and I had installed Installer.App.

Now, I need to unlock it. AnySim for 1.11 dont worked for me ( I think it's the version - i remember I had 04.01.13_G and AnySim worked perfectlly!)

Can you help me? (another time)?>!!!!

Thanks in Advance,

cameti2

im a big supporter of pwnage so if i were u id just rejailbreak using that in 1.1.4 but if u dont want to waste ur time u can add the iclarified source (installer.iclarified.com) and use anysim 1.2u, anysim 1.3 or geohot unlock... it all depends on ur bl

Quote Originally Posted by cscho0415 View Post
    im a big supporter of pwnage so if i were u id just rejailbreak using that in 1.1.4 but if u dont want to waste ur time u can add the iclarified source (installer.iclarified.com) and use anysim 1.2u, anysim 1.3 or geohot unlock... it all depends on ur bl
    sorry for the stupid question....

my bootloader is 3.9_M3S2 with 1.11 firmware

AnySim 1.2u its not for 1.12 / 1.13 firmwares??

I have an error when I try to install 1.2u or 1.3....

I need to upgrade firmware?

Updated - I have installed 1.2u, start it but..it says ok, unlocked...but when I insert my sim card, it does not recognize my carrier....after a few moments....NO SERVICE
    I think the package I installed its not correct....cause it dont let me uninstall it from installer.app
    when i try to download...i get package downlad failed...

I dont know what to do...!???? sorry to disturb you with idiot questions....!
    Last edited by cameti2; 2008-04-06 at 11:02 PM.

Download Ziphone and the iPhone 1.1.4 firmware file.
    start Ziphone put iphone in DFU mode.
    Go to itunhold down shift key and click on restore.
    now select the 1.1.4 firmware file u downloaded.itunes will upgrade the phone to 1.1.4. once it is done and u are at the acivation screen on the phone. start ziphone and click on the first option -DO EVerything(Jailbreak, Activate, Unlock).
    wait for some time let Ziphone do its thing.
    ONce it is done you will have a nice 1.1.4 iPhone unlocked, activated and jailbreaked...

Hope this helped

use pwnage not ziphone... and it is the best idea to unlock it in 1.1.4... and ur sim should be in it while u unlock it... dont take it out... unlock it... then put the sim in... hat is ur issue i think

Thanks, Thanks and Thanks again!!!!

I'm sorry, but I used Ziphone ......I was afraid to use Pwnage.

Now I'm using Iphone with 1.14....jailbreak, unlocked and so on...!!!!

Regards,

cameti2