Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Please Help, EDGE (Internet) Stopped Working!

Default Please Help, EDGE (Internet) Stopped Working!
    Hi Everyone - I've had a fully working (100% flawless) iphone for a couple months. I purchased it direct from Apple and unlocked it to work on Unicel here in Vermont. The phone, SMS, and EDGE Network all worked perfectly until 2 days ago when the EDGE (internet) connection stopped working out of the blue. I was checking the weather on the phone, and stock prices and browsing using Safari all day long (as usual) and then all of a sudden it stopped connecting.

I've reset the connection 3 times, restarted the phone many times, and cannot connect.

Wi-Fi works perfectly fine.

Unicel says there is no outage on the network. How can the phone JUST STOP WORKING, and not have any other problems at all?

It's a brand new (2 month new) phone!

What do I do?

Thanks!!
    Last edited by joyryde; 2007-10-16 at 08:06 AM.

I had this problem, and I don't know if you have services.app installed, but if you do, and you turned your SSH off, try turning it back on and see if that does the trick.

I turned my SSH off and it killed my EDGE for some reason, so now I just leave it on...

Thanks for the reply I don't think I have it installed because I don't know what that is! I have Tetris, To Do List, and Voice Recorder installed, but all have been on there prior, with the network connected.

this same thing just happened to me using iphone 1.1 firmware on the Tmobile network here in Los Angeles. up and running fine for a couple weeks and now getting the edge error message. Did you resolve this issue and if so how?

thanks

Got the same problem,i have tzones web, what can i do?

Simple solution if you can SSH or SFTP into your iPhone.

http://limitededitioniphone.com/solu...n-v111-iphone/

Worked like a charm for me.
    cash removed my sig of a donation link.

http://smokebubbles.wordpress.com
    "Brewin' and 'quein' since last Tuesday."

thanks for the quick reply i have v1.0.1., will it work for me?