Results 1 to 6 of 6

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Iphone only show "BSD root : md0, major 2, minor 0"

  1. #1
    Default Iphone only show "BSD root : md0, major 2, minor 0"
    After i use Ziphone 3.0 to unlock 1.1.2 but interrupt and fail. My iphone can't go to restore mode. It away running "BSD root : md0, major 2, minor 0"
    Anyone help me? Thank !!!

  2. #2
    My iPhone is a Part of Me zsuns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Las Vegas.
    Posts
    533
    Thanks
    39
    Thanked 61 Times in 37 Posts

    Well the main problem i think here is that ZiPhone 3.0 is only meant to jailbreak 1.1.4.

    But can you actually connect to the computer so that ZiPHone recognizes theres is an iPhone connected to the computer?

    if so, open up ZiPhone and press the recovery mode button.

    If itunes doesnt recognize your iPhone, meaning your iPhone doesnt show up in iTunes, try recovery mode on another computer.
    A Thanks is always nice =]

  3. #3
    Default try, try,....
    ok, bro! here it is what happened to me just yesterday...
    yes, exactly what are you living now. i was so desperate. zibri hanged on my 1.1.4 and every time i tried to restore i got the same uggly message.
    i tried, tried and tried desperately (10 or more times) while searching on web (even here on modmyi) but found nothing. somewhere on the web i found a litl util which could be run in dos command mode and turn the iphone in DFU mode (zibri couldnt!!!). in DFU mode iphone screen is turned in bright green.
    even in DFU mode i tried to restore 4 or 5 times but no luck.
    ... then, out of any logic, while desperately trying again, it started to restore!!! HOOAAaaa thank you God (and no one else )!
    than it was easy, and i strongly recomend you to do so:
    find a mac->pwn your favorite os version->make a backup(save it in a safe place)->and restore a "pwned one".
    never touch again zibri! i learned this when was too late for me.

    Hope you will not give up until you meet "the blessed restore"!
    Good luck!!

    Quote Originally Posted by zsuns View Post
    Well the main problem i think here is that ZiPhone 3.0 is only meant to jailbreak 1.1.4.

    But can you actually connect to the computer so that ZiPHone recognizes theres is an iPhone connected to the computer?

    if so, open up ZiPhone and press the recovery mode button.

    If itunes doesnt recognize your iPhone, meaning your iPhone doesnt show up in iTunes, try recovery mode on another computer.
    i was on 1.1.4 when this happened to me, so 1.1.4 IS NOT safe with zibri!
    Last edited by zheleznov; 2008-04-05 at 10:40 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  4. #4
    My iPhone is a Part of Me zsuns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Las Vegas.
    Posts
    533
    Thanks
    39
    Thanked 61 Times in 37 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by zheleznov View Post
    ok, bro! here it is what happened to me just yesterday...
    yes, exactly what are you living now. i was so desperate. zibri hanged on my 1.1.4 and every time i tried to restore i got the same uggly message.
    i tried, tried and tried desperately (10 or more times) while searching on web (even here on modmyi) but found nothing. somewhere on the web i found a litl util which could be run in dos command mode and turn the iphone in DFU mode (zibri couldnt!!!). in DFU mode iphone screen is turned in bright green.
    even in DFU mode i tried to restore 4 or 5 times but no luck.
    ... then, out of any logic, while desperately trying again, it started to restore!!! HOOAAaaa thank you God (and no one else )!
    than it was easy, and i strongly recomend you to do so:
    find a mac->pwn your favorite os version->make a backup(save it in a safe place)->and restore a "pwned one".
    never touch again zibri! i learned this when was too late for me.

    Hope you will not give up until you meet "the blessed restore"!
    Good luck!!



    i was on 1.1.4 when this happened to me, so 1.1.4 IS NOT safe with zibri!
    1.1.4 is meant to be done with ZiPhone, so how is it not safe?
    A Thanks is always nice =]

  5. #5
    *Sigh* You guys gotta keep up to date with Zibri's blog.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by zsuns View Post
    1.1.4 is meant to be done with ZiPhone, so how is it not safe?
    yes, i'm sure zibri had done this version to work with 1.1.4. and it worked 2 times for me. (thanks zibri!) but ........ but, it failed the third one! it failed in a very scary way and i would be very happy on those moments to put my iphone under any parked car's tire. that has never happened to me before. there was not any kind of communication between iphone and pc. any!! ... and i have used almost all 'ways' of 'doing' my ifon during all this time and this has never happened to me. maybe is my bad luck but 24 hours later it happened again in another ifone.

    yes it is ment, but zibri writes that we should take our responsabilities on what might happen to our ifonez.

    i wish to the dude which started the thread, to have a big piece of Luck and Patience!

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •