Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone freeze

Default iPhone freeze
    hello everyone

i have a 8GB iphone i press the power off button the unlock slider appears i drag it it unlocks but after that it freezes, i tried to restore but still the same please help i'm going nuts

My iPhone is a Part of Me zsuns's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iondarie View Post
    hello everyone

i have a 8GB iphone i press the power off button the unlock slider appears i drag it it unlocks but after that it freezes, i tried to restore but still the same please help i'm going nuts
    So if i understand correctly, youre saying that even after a restore, your iphone would still have the freeze problem?

well in that case i'd say that your phone is damaged and needs repair.
    A Thanks is always nice =]

yes but the funny thing is, i do the restore the phone starts i slide for unlock no problem but if i dont start pushing applications or settings quick enough the screen freazes meaning i cant touch anything, then i have to push the top button to lock-it then unlockit and so on

iPhone? More like MyPhone D3VIL™'s Avatar
    Thanks

Did you try to restore from DFU mode? What Jailbreak program did you use?

If you found anything I said/did useful, please click on the Button

Livin the iPhone Life heath_rox's Avatar
    Thanks

also did you select set up as new phone because if you didnt you just reloaded the same code that messed it up on the first place back on the phone
    "Its better to be a pirate than join the navy"Steve Jobs

i sat it up as a new phone but nothing is changed

also i noticed something interresting on my other iphone if i put my thumb on the earpiece the screen locks it does the same as the broken one so i pressume it has a sensor there i'm thinking the one that recognizes when you talk on the phone and it locks the screen so you cant press anything... does anyone know how i could turn of this sensor ?

i think it's the proximity sensor
    Last edited by iondarie; 2008-04-06 at 05:11 PM.

i have the same problem... whatever i'm doing it just randomly freezes. i did a clean install and unlocked and all using pwnage and still with the same problem. the phone is totally clean with no apps. installed. Pls someone help with this cause it;s driving me nuts!! cheers to all who can help.

The problem is on the proximity sensor. I had the same issue after months of testing and replaced parts I finally found the problem. Replace this part and your problems will finish. It cost 5 dollars on any Chinese web site.