Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: I Need HELP!!

Default I Need HELP!!
    I think I just broke my iphone. I was in the middle of restoring to 1.1.4 from my already unlocked 1.1.3 when itunes asked if I wanted to upgrade safari and itune. Well I guess we all know what happen the screen said I needed to restore to factory setting. Then it goes on to say my sim pin is locked or sim not inserted. My phone mean while say emergency calls only and to insert a unlocked or valid sim. I have been trying for the last 3 hours to get the phone to restore but itunes wont recognize the phone and has a big screen that says invalid sim. Can anyone help or point me in the right direction im in a real jam,

Have you tried forcing the phone into recovery mode and they restoring via iTunes?

This is quite normal when you upgrade before you unlock your iphone.
    Are you using ziphone 2.6 or libity+ to unlock, sim and activate.
    I have used iBrick many times to get me out of this and put the iphone in a state that is reconised by ziphone 2.6 or libity+.
    If you still have problems you might want to restore it back to your original firmware first.

If you dont have the firmware saved on your computer, you need to download them. They are freely available.
    Make sure you iphone is pluged into your computer.
    Hold down home key and on/off key together and when the phone turns off let go of the home key and you'll go into recovery mode.
    Upload your original firmware to your iphone and then use ziphone 2.6 or libity+ to do the work fast, unlike the old days.
    Then upgrade again following the same method, or with Pwned, but i haven't tried it yet.

Dont worry, there is always a way to get it to start again, ive been there.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to britcan For This Useful Post:

toneesinclare (2008-04-05)