Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: trying to listen to iphone in car

Default trying to listen to iphone in car
    does anyone know what works good and where to find it.

fm transmitter? they're ok but the best option will always be to hardwire an aux in and just plug it into your iphone when you get in

fm transmitters suck. i tried the one for the tape deck but no sound came out.

What's Jailbreak? MasterXXXShake's Avatar
    Thanks

crash is correct. The best option is to wire into an aux. If you have an aftermarket cd player there is a decent chance you have an aux input on the back.

If it is factory google around to see if you can get an AUX adapter for it.

Happy Hunting

Afterthought:
    Depending on what you're willing to spend you can buy a new deck for your car that has a built in ipod controller, you will just plug it into your dock port and control it through the deck.

best head unit i have seen is the alpine. it has a great color screen and great ipod navigation. it comes with the cable also and it charges the phone at the same time. there is no gsm buzz at all.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

alpine has this deck that is compatible with the iphone... http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAu...roductID=18480

right now i have an aux input on the front of my panasonic deck and i just use an adapter and plug into the headphone jack on my iphone... works great.

I was looking for a car docking station for my iPhone and didn't find any. I had to build it myself. I posted some pictures on this site:
    iPhone docking station. It took me about four hours to build it.

Here is how it looks:

--alik

Thanks

if you have ever used an ipod interface on a head unit, you will be aware that they suck.

and no, before you tell me, "ive got one and they're great"; you spent loads of money on an overpriced heap of junk when, as stated above, an aux lead straight to your iphone will do just fine. and navigating your iphone, even while driving, is a hell of allot easier and looks better in your car than the ipod interface.

iphone dash cradle + aux lead total price <10
    The Original Autobot of MMi
    Jesus couldn't turn into a fire engine

LOL -> "Winterboard does not interfere at all with my performance."

Suck it up, Sucker