Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How do u disable the word completion/prediction/recognition???!!!

Default How do u disable the word completion/prediction/recognition???!!!
    i wanna disable the the word completion feature because i type my sms' in english and in french...but when i type in french it screws up what im tryin to write then i have to start the message all over again...ive been searching for at leat an hour on google and i cant find nothing, is there someone that can help me?

If you have your phone set up to install third-party apps, try the app called Kb. It puts an on/off switch in your Settings>Keyboard settings, allowing you to turn off auto-correction.

thanks, but where can i find this app?

I assume you are using unlocked iPhone, so there must be an Installer icon at you iphone desktop. Just click it and install "Community Sources" under Sources, after that, refresh it and install "Kb" under Tweaks.

on installer like he said ,after community sources,you will see kb version0.01
    if you get tired or need help go to settings after installed go to generals/keyboard and you will see an enable autocorrection,turn it on or off
    also if you got the problem solved it will be a good idea to post it,so people dont have to keep on writing.......comprenez monsieur?

Hi guys! Can you please givve me more detailed way to disabale the auto correction? Thanks! Im using an unlock iphone.

Default how to
    how do you enable Word prediction

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

Am I missing something here. To disable auto-correction. Go to settings/general/keyboard tick "off"

Wow, just realized that this thread was older then me. rofl sorry

The very cool thing is, here's a new member that actually did a search for what he was looking for.

Welcome to MMI
    Last edited by Bo Troxell; 2009-05-12 at 10:03 PM.