Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Trouble with SSH

Default Trouble with SSH
    I have OpenSSH installed, BSD Subsystem, and Net Services (To be able to turn SSH on and off). I have WINSCP installed on my computer. I have looked around these forums and tried everything, as well as followed the post in guides. No matter what I do, everytime I try to connect it says connection timed out. I have no a clue. Anyone have the same problem, or can help?
    I press Thanks

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

let's just do a quick checklist:
    1. your phone and comp are connected to the same network
    2. ssh is on
    3. you chose sftp and port: 22 to connect
    4. name is root

i've run into issues where my phone's ip address is incorrect and not really connected to my wifi although it says it is, you can always try reconnecting to your network to make sure the ip address is good

Yes, I have your checklist complete. Name is root, password is alpine. In the guide on this site, it says just put in your ip and try to connect. I do that, and I also tried to enter ip name and password. Neither work
    I press Thanks

For the first time, change the settings of your iPhone on WinSCP to 45 seconds time alloted for connection. The first tim connecting to iPHone takes longer than other times. >.0

5. The Following User Says Thank You to GregTheWang For This Useful Post:

jaghockey (2008-04-07)

Okay, I will try and see if I have any luck
    I press Thanks

Host name, type your iPhone/iPod Touch's IP address. (To find your IP address, just go to Settings -> Wi-Fi -> and click on the blue network next to the network you're connected to)

Don't fill in anything else, and press login.

It might say something about a cache, just read the message, and press whichever one continues with the process.

Now it'll ask for a username and password.

Username: root
    Password: alpine