Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPad 4 activation locked

Default iPad 4 activation locked
    Hi Guy's, I've been stitched up with a activation locked iPad..

I brought it off ebay and the guy met me on a carpark (Yeh, i know...)

Anyway, it's activation locked and was just wondered on a couple of things..

1, how can I get the id of the user that's locked it (it shows [email protected]) so I can email them (there are people on ebay that offer this service so i'm thinking it must be accessible)

2, if I get the ipsw and remove the set-up.app then restore with the custom ipsw will it bypass the activation screen?

3, anyone else got any tips or tricks for me to try?

This is just turning out to be a expensive paperweight so I would appreciate any help.

ASH

Quote Originally Posted by _ASH_ View Post
    Hi Guy's, I've been stitched up with a activation locked iPad..

I brought it off ebay and the guy met me on a carpark (Yeh, i know...)

Anyway, it's activation locked and was just wondered on a couple of things..

1, how can I get the id of the user that's locked it so I can email them (there are people on ebay that offer this service so i'm thinking it must be accessible)

2, if I get the ipsw and remove the set-up.app then restore with the custom ipsw will it bypass the activation screen?

3, anyone else got any tips or tricks for me to try?

This is just turning out to be a expensive paperweight so I would appreciate any help.

ASH
    I would request an instant refund and use the money to buy a new iPad. And alert eBay to this.