Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Ipad deal- does this sound sketchy?

Default Ipad deal- does this sound sketchy?
    I advertised to sell my ipad 32 G 3g today after watching the ipad 2 keynote speech online.

Ipad deal- does this sound sketchy?

I advertised to sell ipad on classifieds today

Well I was offered a swap from mine which is 32G wifi 3G to a 16G ipad wifi only with a nice few euro on top.

Version is 3.4.5 and he says their is no IMEI listed.

Am I to assume it is stolen and stay a mile away from it or could there be a technical explanantion like the imei is listed elsewhere in that firmware?

Apar from judging the character is their any other tell tell sign to see if the IMEI value has been changed?

Ronan

i dont think there would be a imei if its just wifi.. probably legit

Sorry to bumb this.

IS there a list of serials or imeis avialble to public with iapds reported stolen all ove the worldd.

Obviously if buing Second hand it is th number one concern

Or is it.

Are there any apps to test all aspects of a n Ipads performance?

Ronan

Thanks Akalfred.

Oh righr. Mine is 3g so therefor the IMEI!!

To answer my own question and more for iphones if no box no original accessories no nothing it does look dodgy.
    Last edited by ronandownes; 2011-09-02 at 12:23 AM.

Only buy stolen wi-fi ipads 3gs might shut down.

I went ahead and did it.

Only thing is ios is 4.3.5

Might use the redsnow jailbreak and not to respring untethered.

Is that correct that if you reboot untetthered you loose your jailbreak?

How about respinging?

Ronan

Respringing is usually no problem. And honestly, tethered JBs are not that bad. Why would you swap iPads, especially when you are the one who is losing out? I understand there was some cash, but it would have to be some good dough to take a risk like that... I think you stated it, but just to be clear: only 3G iPads have IMEIs, since wifi models do not register on a cellular network. I'm only stating this in case a noob reads this and had not known, and for the record.
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream!

The offer was 200 with the swap. I did it. Everything seems fine.

I am on iOS 4.3.5 and for some reason my movies and PDFs won't synch from iTunes like they used to but I read online many have had thisnproblem.

I am guessing apple are moving towards stopping the facility to share such music and other media not purchased through their stores. Is that what is happening?

I can use dropbox but don't fancy going premium on that service andmthe PDFs don't read as books soothe experience is inferior.

I will jailbreaknwhen I have the time.

Is redsnow then best 4.3.5 JB?

ronan

I have not heard anything about Apple not letting users import tracks into iTunes that had not been purchased in their store. I have 1K+ tracks that were imported into iTunes (I did not use the iTunes Music Store to purchase any of them.) Redsn0w or Sn0wbreeze is all one has for JBing, I have never had issues with Redsn0w..
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream!