Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPad 2 - TV show sync problem

Default iPad 2 - TV show sync problem
    I am having an issue with my iPad 2 (16GB, wifi). I have ripped a bunch of TV shows from my DVD collection to watch on my iPad 2 at work. Due to limited space with a 16GB I have set my shows to "Sync all unwatched of selected shows". The problem is that even after I watch shows on it and sync with my computer again iTunes still leaves the watched episodes on the iPad. Maybe I am misunderstanding how this feature works but am I wrong to assume iTunes will remove episodes that I have since watched? In my iTunes library it does mark them as watched after I sync. What am I missing?

The problem is they fail to make one thing clear.... Music, videos and books are linked. On the first tab for your iPad there is the choice to manage books and videos manually. It does not say it, but that includes book. If you click that box, the next sync will erase all your music, videos and books. Then you can move them manually. But, if you say click sync music on the music tab, behind the scenes iTunes will un click your sync manual option for music, videos and books...... And delete all them so you can do a regular sync.

What I ended up doing, was leaving the manual thing unchecked. Going to each of the music, video and book tabs, and setting them to sync only the files I checked. This works perfect. Before I did this iTunes wiped my iPad twice.

iTunes is a really good program, it just takes a bit to see how it all works, and some points are not clear. I sync 2 ipads and an iPhone to one netbook without issues.