Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iTunes and Videos crashes on iPad 1, iOS 4.2.1

Default iTunes and Videos crashes on iPad 1, iOS 4.2.1
    Hello,

Recently, my iPad has been having troubles with the iTunes and Videos app. In the iTunes app, whenever I tap an item to have it flip over, after the flipping animation, the app crashes. The same happens with Videos: whenever I tap an item and it does the animation, right after the animation, the app crashes. I know that it's a problem with a MobileSubstrate addon because when I use SBSettings to enter safe mode, both apps work fine. According to SBSettings, here are all the MobileSubstrate addons I have installed:
    60secLockscreen
    ActionMenu
    Activator
    AirVideoEnabler
    AppList
    AttachmentSaver
    ClockHide
    CyDelete
    CydgetLoader
    Cyntact
    DirectControl
    DisplayRecorder
    Downloader
    FakeOperator
    FullForce
    IconSupport
    Infinidock
    Infinifolders
    IntelliStatusIconsVi...
    KeyboardSupport
    MailToAttachmentM...
    MouseSupport
    MultiIconMover
    MyWi
    PreferenceLoader
    RetinaPad
    ShowCase
    SimulatedKeyEvents
    SleepFX
    SpringBoardAccess
    StayOpened
    Veency
    WinterBoard
    cicero
    go-native
    libhide
    libstatusbar
    pue
    sandcastle
    sandcastleclient
    threedeeboard
    Does anyone have any ideas as to which addons may be causing the problem?

Thanks in advance,

Caleb

Livin the iPhone Life seann33uk's Avatar
    Thanks

you tried installing crashreport from cydia and double checking what that thinks is doing it?

only thing i can see from your list is the airvideo enabler. but could be wrong
    Being an i can be a lot of pressure. you have to live right up to the small point.

Thanks for the help, but unfortunately, neither worked. Neither of the apps appeared in Crash Reporter, and disabling AirVideo Enabler didn't help. But thanks anyway.

Try optimizing theme via Winterboard? If you have a heavy theme that is. If not try it anyway, can't hurt.

It didn't work. But I have an update on the situation. iBooks also crashes when doing the flip animation to go to the store (on my iPhone too). I'd really love to have this fixed, but if I can't, I am able to use SBSettings to go into safe mode and use those apps from there.

Here's the problem: you have waaaaay too many MobileSubstrate add-ons installed. I doubt that there is some sort of compatibility issue here that is causing the crashing, I believe it is that your RAM has been eaten alive by these tweaks/hacks. Try disabling all of the "non-essential" add-ons and see if that works. The most likely reason that safe mode is working for you is due to the memory not being extremely low. Give it a shot?
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream!