Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 31 of 31

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Should I get an iPad2?

  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by BobPetersen View Post
    The iPad 2 is great...unless you already have the first one.
    Totally, Bob's right here. (my mum bought it and although it's a great device, there aren't really too many differences)

  2. #22
    Some of the differences between iPad and iPad 2 are the cameras and the processor in it. Apple has surely made it thinner and lighter but there's surely not much different. Rest is up to you

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Rahulw View Post
    Some of the differences between iPad and iPad 2 are the cameras and the processor in it. Apple has surely made it thinner and lighter but there's surely not much different. Rest is up to you
    Yeah, but iPad isn't really *that* good for gaming. Maybe the augmented-reality apps, but if you already got an iPhone 4 you don't really need it.

  4. #24
    You're correct. If someone has an iPhone 4 then they doesn't need an iPad 2 but iPad 2 is surely awesome for gaming.

    My dad got an iPad 2 for me and it's seriously amazing. I love it

  5. #25
    I own an iPhone 4, but I prefer my iPad2 for gaming. The screen is bigger and brighter (in my opinion) and the processor is super fast compared to the A4 on the original iPad. What I love the most (besides its speed) is its weight: the original iPad was too bulky and heavy for gaming or even reading books/magazines (I like to read in bed facing up and my arms got tired quickly while holding it).
    27" iMac: Quad-Core 2.93GHz i7 & 16GB RAM
    iPhone 4S: 64GB iOS 5.1.1 Jailbroken
    iPad 2: 32GB iOS 5.1.1 Jailbroken
    iPod Touch 3rd Gen iOS 5.1.1 Jailbroken
    iPod Classic (thick) 160GB

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by iTouch-Warrior View Post
    I own an iPhone 4, but I prefer my iPad2 for gaming. The screen is bigger and brighter (in my opinion) and the processor is super fast compared to the A4 on the original iPad. What I love the most (besides its speed) is its weight: the original iPad was too bulky and heavy for gaming or even reading books/magazines (I like to read in bed facing up and my arms got tired quickly while holding it).
    I totally agree with you on this. iPad 2 is best for reading books/magazines and for gaming too.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Rahulw View Post
    I totally agree with you on this. iPad 2 is best for reading books/magazines and for gaming too.
    Would you suggest it to previous iPad 1 owners then?

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by diegopetrucci View Post
    Would you suggest it to previous iPad 1 owners then?
    I personally owned both. And the iPad 2 is hands-down better than the first one: lighter, faster, thinner, has 2 cameras... all it needs now is a jailbreak. :P
    27" iMac: Quad-Core 2.93GHz i7 & 16GB RAM
    iPhone 4S: 64GB iOS 5.1.1 Jailbroken
    iPad 2: 32GB iOS 5.1.1 Jailbroken
    iPod Touch 3rd Gen iOS 5.1.1 Jailbroken
    iPod Classic (thick) 160GB

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by diegopetrucci View Post
    Would you suggest it to previous iPad 1 owners then?
    As itouch-warrior said..it's lighter, faster etc etc. Main thing is, if you've got some extra money to spend then go and buy it straight away...I'm sure, you won't regret it.

  10. #30
    iPhone? More like MyPhone SirZyrion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Gilbert, AZ
    Posts
    139
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts

    I just got back from a 3-week vacation in Europe, and I got the 64gb iPad 2 from AT&T instead of lugging my 15.4" laptop around, and I LOVE it!

    I had the same case/smart cover issue initially, but I got a couple of solutions:

    A company called ACase makes a hard shell back for the IP2 that's compatible with the smart cover to protect the front and back. That was $11 on Amazon.com

    Amazon.com: Acase(TM) Apple iPad 2 Smart Cover Companion Compatible Snap On Slim-Fit PC Case for Apple iPad 2 2G 2nd Generation (BLACK): Electronics

    There's also this which I found after I got my Smart Cover:

    ion-factory CarbonCover for iPad 2

    Same price as the Smart Cover, but includes a back, and looks fantastic IMO. It's also about $20 less than my ACase/Smart Cover setup.

    For my travels, I also went to Brookstone and got this bluetooth keyboard case:

    Brookstone

    I carried that all over Europe for 3 weeks and still haven't had to charge it yet. It's FANTASTIC! Worth every penny. The Bluetooth automatically turns off to save battery life, and automatically reconnects as soon as you hit a key. It's got iPad-specific keys: the home button on the keyboard works just like the button on the iPad. The media keys are 100% functional, and it even has a lock/unlock key.

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by SirZyrion View Post
    I carried that all over Europe for 3 weeks and still haven't had to charge it yet. It's FANTASTIC! Worth every penny. The Bluetooth automatically turns off to save battery life, and automatically reconnects as soon as you hit a key.
    This is probably the best feature of the iPad, I've tested it myself and it's just plain great.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •