Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Purchased/Upated Apps will not transfer to iTunes

Default Purchased/Upated Apps will not transfer to iTunes
    I did a fresh restore about a month ago. During today's sync, which was like the third sync I have done since the restore, I noticed that none of my updated or purchased apps would transfer to my computer. The only way I could get the apps on my computer to update was to have iTunes do it. Any ideas? I really don't want to restore if possible. I tried doing the 'transfer purchases' while in safe mode (on my iPad) with no avail. Also, I deleted my backup in iTunes and made a new backup, but it is only 75mb??

Wtf?

Edit, in my iTunes sync log, I see an error:

call_and_response (thread 1340): GOT AN ERROR 0xe8000067
    perform_command (thread 1340): There was an error communicating with the service agent: 0xe8000067
    AMDeviceSecureArchiveApplication (thread 1340): Could not archive application on device: kAMDAPIInternalError

hmm...
    Last edited by Imahottguy; 2011-05-10 at 01:49 PM.
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream!

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

All used the same iTunes account yes?

I had a problem with updating on my iPhone but I'm not sure thats the same thing you are asking. Found something online to fix my problem but dunno if it'll fix yours. I'll go see if I can find the guide I used.

Edit: couldn't find it. I don't even know if we have the same problem

I do remember I changed via ifile my Downloads folder under Ownership to mobile and mobile for both options. But that just allowed me to update my apps/download the apps via my iPhone which before it was telling me I had to do the download or upgrade through my computer on iTunes.

I don't know if this affects syncing as well but maybe someone else knows.
    Last edited by i.Annie; 2011-05-10 at 02:15 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

All under one account, yes. Interesting, I was thinking, I did have the FaceTime mod installed via a repo on Cydia. However, I have since removed it. I know that the FaceTime mod changes and adds files from an iPhone or iPod touch- I bet that has something to do with it. Oh well... I think I may finally update (I'm on 4.2.1) to 4.3.3, and try my best not to fudge it up.
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream!

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

Yup it could be some sort of file mod or change made. It wouldn't hurt to update to 4.3.3 if you can't find the culprit. Good luck on that!

I guess I am just going to update... argh...

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

Guess you couldn't figure out the problem huh?