Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: unable to delete videos downloaded using YourTube HD for ipad

Default unable to delete videos downloaded using YourTube HD for ipad
    Whaasup you guys . . . I am using YourTubeHD , I downloaded some videos , and I saved them to my PC using iPhoneBrowser

The thing is that I am some kind of an old fashion kind of guy so I have to have my videos named properly , long story short I renamed all of the videos I downloaded

Then went back to iPhoneBrowswer navigated again to : Private/Var/Mobile/Media/YourTube

Once there I deleted all the videos , problem is . . . they are still on my iPad ??

And I can not delete this items from within the iPad , and I want to load the new "renamed" files , plus I am trying to get rid of 2 files I do not want anymore as they were not what I was looking for . . . any thoughts on this ??

I totally appreciate any help you guys can give , I have to point out that I am a newby in this modding stuff

Thank You and God Bless

p.s. forgot to add that I have already restarted my iPad a couple of times , and I also turned it off and then turned back on a couple of times and nothing

*** Edit : I found the answer , Mods please close , thank YOU
    Last edited by LokoTripper; 2010-11-24 at 04:45 PM.

Default Help please
    I am having the exact same issue with not being able to delete my videos even when I delete them using ifile. How did you end up deleting your videos?

I just swiped the video to the right and you will get the "delete" red button

When I try the swipe to delete it appears to work correctly. I tap delete and the video disappears... Until I close and reopen youtube and it is there again. I tried using ifile and found the video files located in var/mobile/media/yourtube and deleted them from there, but it did not help, although the files are now permanently deleted from var/mobile/media/yourtube. I have tried different combinations of swipe deleting and respringing and rebooting but no luck. I have also reinstalled yourtube with no luck.
    Do you have any other ideas?

You mean YouTube right? You can't download videos on YouTube. Lol just kidding. Did you check the permissions on the video files? You can do so in iFile. I'll try and see if it does that for me, if so I will report back my findings.
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream!

Haha yeah you can't download videos from YouTube.
    I figured out that swipe deleting, uninstalling yourtube, deleting the left over yourtube folder with ifile, rebooting, and then reinstalling yourtube actually deletes the files completely. Doing this every time I want to delete downloaded files would be a pain though. There has to be a better way. I looked around for a permissions possibility with file, but I'm still fairly new at this so no luck there.

I can delete files downloaded with Yourtube, but I don't know how to delete them after I've added them to iPod. They don't show up in iTunes, and files can't be deleted from the iPod app. Does anyone know how to do that?