Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Can you Bluetooth a mouse and a keyboard?

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Can you Bluetooth a mouse and a keyboard?
    Is it possible to Bluetooth a Mouse and a Keyboard to an iPad at the same time? I am about to head out and get my holiday shopping done early and need to know whether or not to bother buying the mouse.
    I see they have a keyboard dock available, but it doesn't look very stable so I definitely want to get the Bluetooth version.

Hmm... I wish I had a BT moues to try this. I have no problem with my BT keyboard. Honestly, I'd recommend just the keyboard. I have used the mouse before, and it was cool for a minute, but not useful.
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Imahottguy For This Useful Post:

CaptainChaos (2010-11-22)

Thanks

I think you have to jailbreak to do it. I just watched a video over at RedmondPie and the mouse looks super useful.

You do have to jailbreak for the mouse. And actually, there are better options for the keyboard, if you jailbreak. You can get an extension for activator called Keyboard Support that will allow one to change what the cmd/win + __ do. For example, one could invoke SBSettings, launch specific apps, or even take screen shots just by hitting CMD + X. It is extremely useful.
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Imahottguy For This Useful Post:

CaptainChaos (2010-11-22)

Thanks

Does the Keyboard Support work with the docked keyboard or the Bluetooth keyboard?

It works with bluetooth keyboards, almost any. I use it with my Dell Axim Executive keyboard (a foldable BT keyboard), and it works as advertised. I love being able to launch safari via cmd + S, and mail via cmd + M and then emulating the home button via cmd + esc.

A Bluetooth mouse works amazing on the iPad I use it a lot when I have my iPad docked in a workstation way, this is done by jailbreaking and getting an app called 'btstack mouse', simulates an actual cursor, smooth and friendly to the iPad, to get both mouse and keyboard, install btstack keyboard as well, run both apps connect them, keyboard first then mouse. If you do mouse first, it won't connect to a keyboard, then in activator you can configure key shortcuts

10. The Following User Says Thank You to jonsingh12 For This Useful Post:

Imahottguy (2010-11-28)

Good to know!

Thanks

I ended up getting the keyboard dock and the bluetooth magic mouse and it works great. My wife is loving it. I really can't see any other way of using it.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChaos View Post
    I ended up getting the keyboard dock and the bluetooth magic mouse and it works great. My wife is loving it. I really can't see any other way of using it.
    Do what i do hook it up to a big screen sit back on the couch w/ Bluetooth mouse and keyboard, play quake w/ the keyboard or surf the web and watch videos using displayout from Cydia. I play snes w/ my iPad w/ displayout I hook it to the tv connect my iPhone and a Frieda iPhone to the iPad and play donkey kong and Mario street fighters and all those cool games bt mouse is handy. Wish there could be implementation for scrolling via the magic mouse

14. The Following User Says Thank You to jonsingh12 For This Useful Post:

CaptainChaos (2010-12-01)

Thanks

I offered to install the BTkeyboard app on her iPad so she could have the mouse and the keyboard bluetoothed, but she doesn't want to register in Cydia to pay for stuff. She is very picky about internet transactions. How do you run it to the TV?

@Imahottguy.......I've looked through Cydia for the extension called KEYBOARD SUPPORT you suggested but I can't find it. Could you please tell me what repo it is under then I can add it to my sources?.......Thanks for your time bud