Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Ipad hangs on logo for minutes then reboots

Default Ipad hangs on logo for minutes then reboots
    hi...
    i was updating some things in cydia and when i went to respring it never got past the logo. i think the last 2 things i did was update imame4all and uninstalled inst*llous.
    i tried doing a hard reboot but that didnt work.
    im able to get into the ipad thru ifunbox and itunes sees the ipad without a problem. itunes doesnt see anything wrong with it. i edited the com.apple.SpringBoard.plist but that didnt work.
    any other ideas that dont include a restore ?
    i havent backed up in a while so im trying to avoid that.

i have ipad 64gb wifi 3.21

thanks in advance.

Hmm, I'm not too familiar with either of those apps, so I don't know what they install or modify. Are you able to SSH to it? If so, then you can use apt-get to basically enter into the command line version of Cydia. This is good because I believe you can check for half un/installed apps and potentially finish the process. I hope that will at least allow you access. Does iTunes recognize and allow yout to backup the iPad? Or does it just acknowledge at it is connected and prompts for restore? If you can back it up, and are unable to get back into SpringBoard, I'd recommend a restore, especially since 4.2 is due any day, and they will stop signing 3.2.2 soon.
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream!

imame4all is to play mame games.
    insta*llous is to let you download apps and install them.
    itunes sees the ipad perfectly fine. no problem at all. you can see music, apps, etc... no issues.
    i am using ifunbox to get into the phone.

You should take that one app out of Ur post completely just for safety. That app has nothing to do with it.

I know what the apps are for, but again, I have never installed them, so I don't know what they add or modify. I'd say back it up and restore.
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream!

No I know that I was just saying he should remove that out of his post so nothin will be said about that app. You are right a clean restore is the only option.

Lol, funny story, your reply was posted while I was typing mine. So I did not see your response until after mine had posted. It may be a good idea to remove it from the equation, since we don't want this to turn into yet another debate on it. Then again, I am one of those that usually encites such a debate. This time however, I will keep my views on it to myself. Plomise! Lol.

@OP do you have your SHSH blobs saved? If not you will need to do that first, in order to restore to a f/w prior to the latest. Can one obtain blobs for 3.2 or 3.2.1 still? I don't know...

Lol^ anyway if you dont you tiny umbrella to save your shsh's

Use*** instead of you stupid iPhone autocorrect
    Last edited by Stray; 2010-11-19 at 12:32 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

yeah i have my blobs saved.
    and i did go into the ipad thru ifunbox and delete inst*allous since i figured that was the bad file.

Oh so you are all set

yeah but i was hoping to fix it without a restore since i do have access to the file system

What about ssh'ing in and using apt-get? This may fix your problem.

Try resetting the device by holding the sleep an home button together for 10 secs. It works for me when i hav the prob after installing sbsetting

That won't help. He is unable to get to the springboard to begin with... @OP what did you end up doing? Just curious..

did that too...
    thanks anyways.
    i needed my ipad for work so i had to do a restore.
    i would have liked to figure it out just so i know in case theres a next time... oh well