Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How much space do sync'd iPad photos take compared to an iphone

Default How much space do sync'd iPad photos take compared to an iphone
    Hi All,

I'm looking at purchasing an iPad and ideally want to go for a 16GB if I think thatís enough storage.

Obviously with the Ipads bigger screen photos from my iTunes library will be synced to the phone of a higher quality than they do with my iphone 4 so they will take up more space.

I've heard an apples support that someone library of photos took 6GB on their iphone took 22GB on their iPad!

I probably have about 16GB too!

Can anyone with an iphone (preferably an iphone4) and an iPad give me a rough comparison on what the same library of photos take on each device?

This would be a great help for me to figure out what capacity iPad I should go for.

Thanks

Anyone any idea of can help me understand if and how much more space an iPad takes for sync'd photos?

surely someone cam help?
    Last edited by davidmaiden18183; 2010-11-18 at 01:40 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

Mine take up the same amount of space. Same pictures synced to my iphone 4 and iPad.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

davidmaiden18183 (2010-11-18)

Really! How many gigabytes was that roughly of images per device? a few MBs are several GB's? I've thanked you for your help so far

Can anyone else comment.on their experience, I'm not doubting x98car but I'd feel happier with a bit more experience from people before committing myself to buying the right iPad.

Will happily thankyou if it helps

quite shocked at that, if its the same for me that would be fantastic.

I just need someone else to back it up as I've read the reports of a 6gb picture library turning into 22gb, but this could be the difference between a non retina display iphone and an ipad.

Thanks
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

Ya that may have something to do with it. Might be different coming from an older iphone.

I expect iTunes optimises photos differently depending on the screen resolution of the device, the photos after synced never allow quite as much zooming without losing details as viewing the originals on the pc.

This is why I expect the iphone 4 to be given better resolution/size images compared to the iphone 2G/2G/3GS - I can certainly say pictures take up more on my iphone4 compared to what they did on my iphone 3GS.

Hopefully someone else can throw their hat into the ring with their experience.

Can anyone offer any further experience? I will thank you for it
    Last edited by davidmaiden18183; 2010-11-19 at 01:37 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost