Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Play in Media Player

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Play in Media Player
    When I run across mp4 videos in Safari I get option to download or play in media player. Download works fine and I can play in iFile, however when I choose to play in media player, I get audio but I'm still looking at the same download screen. When I minimize the window or close Safari the audio stops too. The mp4 is playing somewhere but I can't get to a window to see it. What's the deal with this? How can I view video while still in Safari?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

any ideas at all?

Try this: get VLC for iPad in the App Store. IFile will actually add an option to view the video in VLC. I did this with an AVI of the newest SP last night, and it worked beautifully. I have downloaded tons of mp4's using SDM and have viewed them in iFile or VLC, with about a 95% success rate. Does this happen to you with all mp4's?
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Imahottguy For This Useful Post:

Kcentric (2010-11-20)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks guy. I think all mp4s do this. I do use iFile and VLC to view them now. I just assumed that there was a way to play them while still in Safari since the download page also gives me the option to "play in media player" I guess it's just not a real option in mobile Safari. I'll just have to keep downloading and watching them later like I have been.

Ah, I see what you ares saying now. It would be pretty nifty if someone came out with a tweak that would allow a "quick look" within mobile safari of files. For now, unfortunately, unless a video is embedded in an html5 player, it can only be downloaded and viewed in a separate app...
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream!

It's really interesting to read. Nice to read Thanks for it.

Option Poppers