Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: AppBackup killed Twitter

Banned
    Thanks

Default AppBackup killed Twitter
    I installed AppBackup and now I cannot connect to Twitter from any App.

What of AppBackups other addons do I remove to get Twitter back?

If you uninstall AptBackup, do your Twitter apps work?

EDIT: Confirmed! It does mess with the Twitter! Lol, I wonder why, I uninstalled it pretty quick. If you notice, Appbackup has a ton of dependencies; so it will be difficult to track down exactly which is screwing wit da twitta.
    Last edited by Imahottguy; 2010-11-13 at 06:51 PM.
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream!

Banned
    Thanks

Nope it still doesn't work.

I you remove the 'XML Parser Toolkit' you remove most of what AppBackup installs but not the Twitter killer app.
    I've removed just about everything I can and still no Twitter access.

I did notice if I access Twitter via Safari it connects fine, but if I use Osfoora HD or the actual Twitter App it fails. I've even seen a few apps say "Internet not available" when trying to connect to Twitter.

Also, where can I get a list of those dependencies? If I knew what was installed it would be easier to track down the problem app.

Does it look like I have to do a restore just to get Twitter working again?

So much for a backup. iTunes takes about 3 days to backup the iPad so its useless.
    AppBackup kills Twitter so thats useless.

It looks like there is no way to backup my apps.

Looks like might've fixed it.

I synced with the PC and its now working... Not sure if its the sync or the fact I've removed just about everything that doesn't clash with something else from Cydia.

I am doing a manual backup now which looks like it will take about 30 mins instead of iTunes backup of 3 or more days.

Still a restore looks like a good way to go now. When devices start to get buggy thats a sign of a fresh install is needed.
    Last edited by NakedFaerie; 2010-11-14 at 03:51 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost