Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPad 4.2 using MyWi via iPhone 4

Default iPad 4.2 using MyWi via iPhone 4
    I thought I had come across a thead about this but of course I can not find it now.

I was using my iPhone 4 as a hot spot via MyWi for my iPad. Worked great until I upgraded my iPad to 4.2. Now the iPad connects but I cant get to the internet.

Has anyone experienced this?
    MacBook Pro i7
    Dell XPS

Thanks

It should connect , that sure is strange...i would restore and see if it's ur wifi acting up

Quote Originally Posted by z3r01 View Post
    It should connect , that sure is strange...i would restore and see if it's ur wifi acting up
    Strange indeed. iPad connects fine to my home wifi.
    MacBook Pro i7
    Dell XPS

WTF?? Just tried it for like the fifth time and it's working.
    MacBook Pro i7
    Dell XPS

Did you have to do a restore? I have been using mywi as a hotspot and then all of a sudden it's stopped loading some pages. It loads FB, google and other sites fine but I can't load att.com or download apps from the app store but I can browse them just fine.
    When I connect to home network the iPad loads everything fine. I've done everything from change the SSID name, change channels, change DHCP, disabled WEP and upgraded to the latest and still has the same issue. Any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by evercleardoc View Post
    Did you have to do a restore? I have been using mywi as a hotspot and then all of a sudden it's stopped loading some pages. It loads FB, google and other sites fine but I can't load att.com or download apps from the app store but I can browse them just fine.
    When I connect to home network the iPad loads everything fine. I've done everything from change the SSID name, change channels, change DHCP, disabled WEP and upgraded to the latest and still has the same issue. Any suggestions?
    All I did was turn of wifi and turn it on a couple of times on the iPad. It finally connected eventually. Can't explain it.
    MacBook Pro i7
    Dell XPS

I am having same issue. Have iPad running 4.2 with iPhone 4 running 4.1. The iPad connects to the wifi but cannot access Internet at all.

Thanks

Is anyone jailbroken on both iPhone and iPad??

I've got my iPhone 3G running 4.2.1 JB and then the iPad is also 4.2.1 JB (tethered mind) mywi on the iPhone works fine and the iPad can see that when I'm at work and works on the wifi back home as well.

Can't say ive done anything special, just update and JB that's all
    If I've helped you remember to say