Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: I'm and iPhone user all 4 generations...now getting iPad...Question

Default I'm and iPhone user all 4 generations...now getting iPad...Question
    I jailbreak all my iphones etc and am pretty versed in using them and all the apps, cydia, etc...

are there any differences i should look into and or know about between the phone and pad to avoid with jailbreaking or is everything that works for teh phone works for the ipad?

just curious if anyone can enlighten me.

thanks

D

The OS for the iPad came from the iPhones OS, so in theory I it works on the iPhone it should work on the iPad, just don't get multiMusicInfo, it's cool but if you have it installed and try to play a video whether it's a video you recorded or a YouTube video it will CRASH, but this was 3, weeks ago so who knows now

I am in the same boat as you, except that I didn't get the newest gen iPhone. JBing is pretty much the same. I would avoid Winterboard, as it slowed my device down too much. But I must say that adding on Cierco and SDM to safari makes the experience awesome. Pretty much everything works, if not made for iPhone it will run in the small mode. I can't really think of anything to avoid completely. Obviously, the Winterboard themes really don't work well if not made for iPad. But there are a lot of the popular themes that are 'ported' for iPad.
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream!

Well multiMusicInfo works now

really avoid winterboard on ipad..

themes was one of the cool things i was looking forward to

iPhone? More like MyPhone psilocybin's Avatar
    Thanks

Why avoid winterboard. It works great for some themes, just not others

My winter board works great

I'm not saying that it doesn't make themes look right- they do. I did notice an increase in performance that was enough to say 'meh' to teh themes... But then again, I guess I don't mind the stock look of things. All of the the UI changes I do are safe enough to where I just backup the originals and then replace with my files.
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream!