Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Various videos

Default Various videos
    I currently have a MBP and a WD HD TV and am toying with the idea of buying a Mac mini and an Ipad to replace them with. What are the options for playing various video formats on an iPad I dont think re encoding is viable but is there a program I could run on the mac mini that could encode on the fly! or am I dreaming?

I wish I had a miniature elephant that fit in the palm of my hand. I would pick him up and he'd lift up his trunk and stand on his back legs and say PRRRRRRRRRRRRMMMMMMMMMPPPPPPPPPHHHHHHHH and I would say yes little elephant i love you too.

VLC player was is on the app store but it's extremely buggy right now and mostly crashes. You can put .avi on there, but I'm sure we can expect to see updates to it in the (hopefully) near future.

Yeah there's plenty of programs for mac to convert videos for ipad. I'm not sure quite what you mean by encoding on the fly?

Thanks I'm getting an iPad today can't wait to give vlc a go

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

I wish I had a miniature elephant that fit in the palm of my hand. I would pick him up and he'd lift up his trunk and stand on his back legs and say PRRRRRRRRRRRRMMMMMMMMMPPPPPPPPPHHHHHHHH and I would say yes little elephant i love you too.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,182 Times in 915 Posts

Plex is a great media front for the mini. And they have an iPad app that you can stream from your mini. It does on the fly conversions. Works great. Highly recommended.
    [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

Thanks for the discussion I will consider it..

Got my iPad now it's quite good and VLC player works well with SD avi's and I'm sure they will update it regularly

Thanks

loves VLC

I haven't had any luck with getting VLC to play any of my video files, so I am currently using CineXPlayer. I love it.

Plays whatever I throw at it and I have no need to convert my videos to a different format.

Check it out, it's free.
    wwjd