Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Getting iPad replaced

Default Getting iPad replaced
    I have owned iPhones for a few years and Apple has always been extremely quick to replace my phone for numerous issues (dropped calls, hardware/software issues, etc) and give me a remanufactured one. I'm curious if they do the same thing with iPads? If they do, what are the types of things that they will replace it for? I recently dented the corner of my iPad and I'd love to get a replacement.

iPhone? More like MyPhone psilocybin's Avatar
    Thanks

guessing everything the same as iphone minus the calling features.

you should probly look into getting a case haha..i never walk out of the store with a tablet/iphone without a case...expensive electronics to drop and not be protected

Wow, dent corner: new iPad? For shame.
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream!

I went in with a water damaged ipad. It had been in a flood. After it dried out it still worked but the screen had spots. Apple replaced it for me. Said it looked like liquid damage but they would fix it anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by mpf541 View Post
    I went in with a water damaged ipad. It had been in a flood. After it dried out it still worked but the screen had spots. Apple replaced it for me. Said it looked like liquid damage but they would fix it anyway.
    Wow did you get lucky I'm surprised the water spots weren't purple, and if they were that they even replaced it

Quote Originally Posted by shanejoe View Post
    Wow did you get lucky I'm surprised the water spots weren't purple, and if they were that they even replaced it
    I went in with evey intention of having to give them $500 to fix it. All I did was play dumb and say my niece was playing with it and I did not know what happened. Shocked me when they fixed it for free. One thing I can say for Apple is I think they have great customer service.

My iPhone is a Part of Me vantheman169's Avatar
    Thanks

Wow i dont know bout anybody else but i buy accidental coverage on all my expensive electronic devices. missed the deadline on my 32 gb ipad (which was 90 days, used to be 45 days) SquareTrade Warranties | Extended Warranties for 70% Less Than Retail | Electronics Insurance Alternative thank god i did because my son recently through my wifes iphone 3gs into the toilet! 50 dollar deductible and they are sending us a refurbished 16gb iphone 3gs and there is still 250 dollars left of coverage which the iphone through refurbished replacement was 199 and there was a total of 400 dollars coverage for the total insurance 2 years Accidental and regular warranty for 90 bucks through squaretrade...when we get my wifes refurbished iphone it will have 250 bucks left on the warranty plan..so basically we have enough money on the coverage for us to make another claim and get 1 more refurbished phone. Thank you squaretrade!! Oh if you do decide to use squaretrade google squaretrade coupon can get 30% off most times!

Hope i did not confuse anyone with all the numbers..makes sense in my head :-p

8. The Following User Says Thank You to vantheman169 For This Useful Post:

iggychins (2010-10-21)