Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Purchase iPad now or wait for ipad2?

Well if you can wait i would say wait for the next one, then when people are trying to unload their old ones / apple price cuts the old ones pick one up as a discount. Although the new one may gave features you want like a camera not sure on that though.

Quote Originally Posted by mortopher View Post
    Buy now, sell just before the release of the new model = upgrade for next to nothing.
    Couldn't have said it better myself! lol. I would like the 2G iPad if they upped the RAM. I'm sure they will, though I wonder if it will be enough for me to upgrade... Hmmm...
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream!

iPhone? More like MyPhone jjr3211's Avatar
    Thanks

I just got mine and I love it when they first came out I said what do I want that for but now I have one I love it. I found mine on craigslist for 250 I had to buy it for that price it is a 16 gig 3G

I am undecided about this as well. I've got about 400-500 to spend looking to get the 16gb wifi version. Given it's already almost Jan do you guys think its best to wait and it'll drop then? Also I wonder if it'll be the same at 499.99, if it is what happens to the 1st gen those drop in price?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,175 Times in 724 Posts

iPad 2 will bring nothing useful to the current iPad owner. We already have iPhones with cameras, iPods, HD displays, the iPad has to be a purpose built machine to do what it does best, and imitating an iPhone isn't it's purpose.

Keep your high mp cameras and such on your portable, in your pocket, phone where cameras belong easy to access and leave the tablet to what it does best. Read on it, surf on it, enjoy it...... let the phones go back and forth in pissing wars over highest camera resolution and all that crap. The iPad does what it is supposed to about as good as it ever will. The only thing from here are bells and whistles that if you have an iPhone, you don't NEED on your iPad. Who is going to stand in public aiming a tablet towards a building or car to take a picture? Heck I thought my pocket camera was to cumbersome since I have one on my phone, much less holding up a 10 inch tv screen to take a picture.

Let the iPad be what it is, spend your money on the one that is out and does things nearly perfect as it is, for what it is intended.

Save your cash for the real goodie.......... iPhone 5.

^I hear what you are saying...but if pricing remains nearly the same and it drops within a couple months ur best holding off, a retina like screen alone is worth it.

Thanks

Actually it's not. Most every reviewer can hardly tell between the ipad screen and the i4. If there is a personal reason such as "someone told me it would be better so it must be" then ok, it is your call in the end. Your eyes can only distinguish so much and FYI, too much definition for extended periods will damage your eyes permanently.

iPhone? More like MyPhone 5h4d0w's Avatar
    Thanks

Just wait. I bought my iPod in July, and three weeks later, the Ipod4 came out. I was really disappointed.

Thanks

I DIDN'T buy the iPhone 4 and stuck with my 3GS and I wasn't really disappointed. Love my 3GS and now the i5 is the target. Different strokes for different folks.

My iPhone is a Part of Me AKCHRIS's Avatar
    Thanks

I agree also. I have the 3G+Wi-Fi version and Although I knew that the New iPad was coming out I don't really care much for a Retina Screen since I Have one on my iPhone and As far as Camera is Concerned I don't need one since I have the i4.BUT, if ya can afford it..I'd say Buy Both Compare an Then Jailbreak it Then Put it on E-bay.
    It is Not by our Hands that things Change, BUT rather our Interventions that change ourselves.

Chris iPhone6 16GB(Jailbroken
    iPad Mini 16GB, Apple TV 3rd Gen
    )
    Mac Mini (2012 Model) Running Yosemite
    Cydia Account #895872

Nice article, thanks for sharing this information. Good to know that this topic is being covered also in this web site.

So i am a student that is looking at the current tablet market and i am not sure what i should go with. I am currently looking at the Xoom and the Ipad 2, but i am not sure which one to get. I like the openness of Android, but i love the jailbreak community of the iOS. I currently have a iphone 4 so i am currently looking at only wifi versions. So i was wondering if i could pose the question to the community.
    1. Are there any Jailbreak apps for the ipad only?
    2. How is the video quality of the ipad 2? How does VLC handle 720p mkvs, and avis?
    3. What are the must have apps for college students on the ipad?

The Xoom sucks, don't get it. The reviews I have read are stating that it was rushed out into the open just to beat the iPad 2 to launch. Many are saying that it feels way unfinished, unpolished. Look at it this way: you actually have to send it in to Motorola so they can add a 4G modem to it- what the hell? iPad 2 works as advertised, out of the box. Also consider that iPad 1 has been out for a year already, and has tons of iPad specific apps in the App Store. As for Android, there are very very few tablet apps available, right now. Android is a great alternative to iOS, but I can never see it as being a true competitor in the tablet field. Not now at least, perhaps next year, when the Android Market has some actual tablet apps in it.
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream!

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

I'd go and test out the Xoom myself if I were you. I've actually heard some very very good reviews about it. It certainly is a formidable opponent to the iPad.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12