Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: ipad as backup? or netbook?

Default ipad as backup? or netbook?
    I hate to travel with just the iphone in case it should need to be backed up or restored with computer. it seems the ipad offers nothing to work with the iphone that would revive a troubled iphone. should i get a small netbook, if so what do you reccommend or does mobile me offer a backup? i have a jailbroken 3gs that i would like to restore with cydia etc. seems netbook is best answer? Also, i would like to watch video on what ever i get so i can have entertainment when on a plane.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Go Gators's Avatar
    Thanks

For what you need it for you should either get a net book or a MacBook. You can get the 13" MacBook for less than $1,000 now.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

If you decide to get a netbook get one that runs xp or whatever windows os. That way you can have itunes.
    Have they released the jailbreak in the app store yet?

any suggestions on a 10" netbook size from anyone please. thanks

Go ASUS they rate probably the best and not quite a disposable as other brands. I used to sell netbooks and honestly Acer, HP, Gateway never impressed me much. Toshiba is alright too. Buuuuuut...it will really depend on who you talk to, I have friends that defend their HP's and Acer's as magnificent, so we all have our bias. But overall ASUS rates amazing.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Have they released the jailbreak in the app store yet?

I've had my iPad and it has not needed to be synced since I did the initial sync. Nor did it need a restore. I don't know how long you go on your trips for, but you would be fine with it.

However, if you choose a netbook, then go either ASUS or Samsung. I had an ASUS EEE PC 900 and it worked fabulously. However, my ipad honestly outpreforms it for my web browsing and media consumption needs. Everyone is different, though.

Now a MB or MBP is a great way to go, too. If you don't really mind needing to bring a bag and a kinda bulky power cord; really if ultra portability isn't a big deal for you, then you may want to consider this. Also, Apple is running the buy a Mac, get an iPod deal right now, until Sept. 7th.

Good luck in your decision!
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream!