Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Best software for windows to convert video for iPad ?

Default Best software for windows to convert video for iPad ?
    Best software for windows to convert video for iPad ?

What is the best software to use to transfer my video to my ipad? Meaning the easiest, fastest and best quality. I tried handsbrake but it's too slow.

I remux 1.8GB .mkv files in avidemux in about 10 minutes

All I do is open the file I want to convert , select copy for video ( as long as its 720p or under ) select AAC (faac ) and format MP4

Then when you choose the save part you have to name the file and give it a .mp4 extension and you’re done

Also Itunes may not let you copy them to the ipad but they work fine in goodreader

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Turb007 For This Useful Post:

cicciocant (2010-07-05)

but Handbrake works well. There is not some magical app that will convert video in less than ten minutes. Typically it is a 1:1 type timing. It really depends upon what your hardware is. On my POS convertible tablet, it would literally take half a day to convert a video. However on my Fiancés' new Vaio, it takes about one hour for a ninety minute video.

Can we please sticky a topic that has video converting apps and reviews? I'd gladly write up a short review on Handbrake if someone else doesn't. There are seriously like ten of these topics in this forum already. At least once every week or so this same thread pops up...
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream!

I just dont see the point in converting a video that dos'nt need converting ..if the video meets the spec of the ipad why not just remux it into a container that the ipad likes

Quote Originally Posted by Turb007 View Post
    I remux 1.8GB .mkv files in avidemux in about 10 minutes

All I do is open the file I want to convert , select copy for video ( as long as its 720p or under ) select AAC (faac ) and format MP4

Then when you choose the save part you have to name the file and give it a .mp4 extension and you’re done

Also Itunes may not let you copy them to the ipad but they work fine in goodreader

this is a beatiful way for hd 720p (h264) video. For non hd video?
    Thanks very much.

Thanks

For Mac:

Ripping DVD = Mac the Ripper

Converting Video Files to iPhone / iPod / iPad = Handbrake

For Windows:

Ripping DVD = ???

Converting Video Files to iPhone / iPod / iPad = Handbrake

HandBrake

And yes, it is generally a 1:1 thing and is completely hardware dependant. If you don't know how to convert a video file already then i doubt you have the hardware to get the conversion done in less than 1:1 time, with Handbrake at least. But Handbrake has never once failed me.
    Last edited by reeko; 2010-07-05 at 09:48 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    The Original Autobot of MMi
    Jesus couldn't turn into a fire engine

LOL -> "Winterboard does not interfere at all with my performance."

Suck it up, Sucker

Whith avidemux is it possible to convert DTS 5.1 audio to AAC stereo?

Quote Originally Posted by Turb007 View Post

you can apply this workaround:
    Apple - Support - Discussions - Movie "was not copied... because it ...
    Last edited by cicciocant; 2010-07-07 at 08:08 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I am using Handbreak and it is very good stuff , apart from all, it's completely free and powerful but a little bit complicated and not quite simple-to-use.One of my friends sent me an Aimersoft Mac DVD to iPad converter. He purchased something else from them before and got a discount newsletter for the newly released product, so he purchased it for only a few bucks and gave it to me. It performs pretty well for me.
    No signature spam... only warning