Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Formating my computer :( !!

Default Formating my computer :( !!
    Hello all,

I want to format my computer but am scared that I will lose my apps, pictures and all the other stuff on my iPad. So is there any way to save the backup so I can have all my files again??

I don't want to add all the files again, and lose some of the data?!

Get a portable external hard drive. I have a 500gb drive that I backup all of my media to. You can redownload videos and music, but once the pictures are gone, they are gone. Burning the stuff out takes too long and is unreliable. You can get 500gb for under $100. Trust me, it will be worth it.
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream!

I have a 1 terabyte hard drive, but my question is that can I save the backup file from the iTunes folder in the program files??

It's like copying the backup folder for my iPad to another/new computer!

I don't think so. When it backs up the iPad, it generates seemingly random numbers for the folders and backed up files. If you want to keep all the settings for your native apps, then copy over the /user/library folder to your 1tb drive. But I don't know for sure about your app store apps as far as game saves, high scores, etc.

Anyone else reformat and have issues with syncing.

At the very least all your info will be able to be synced back to the PC on the first sync. It will resync all the media, and then you can copy back over the /user/Library/ folder. There is no way around the long initial sync. Sorry for not being able to help so much.
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream!