Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Was Your iPad What You Thought It Would Be??

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default Was Your iPad What You Thought It Would Be??
    Now that i have my iphone 4 pre ordered i am thinking about getting the next iPad that comes out. My question to you guys that already have one is , do you think its all its cracked up to be or is it just an oversized ipod touch? do you find yourself reaching for it over your macbook or iphone? Any help would be great. thanks

Thanks

I honestly use it more than my MacBook and iPhone. I hardly use my MacBook now but it still does things my iPad/iPhone won't be able to do for a few generations.
    The Original Autobot of MMi
    Jesus couldn't turn into a fire engine

LOL -> "Winterboard does not interfere at all with my performance."

Suck it up, Sucker

iPhone? More like MyPhone Kitsune's Avatar
    Thanks

I love my iPad. The question is was it worth the price? Absolutely not. $829 + tax. Now the iPhone 4 is coming out and it is more powerful than the iPad and has nearly the same resolution, along with 3G, two cameras, etc., etc., all for less than the cost of the iPad.

Note, when I said more powerful, I meant more RAM and features. The processor is the same.

The only thing that caused me to buy one was because of travel, the battery life, and because the HP Slate pretty much looks like it got cancelled.

I still enjoy my iPad, but I don't think it is worth the price at all and wouldn't recommend purchasing one to anyone unless they have cash they don't care about or would get every-day use out of it.

Thanks

Yeah that's the problem I am running into when trying to justify buying one. If my job called for me to travel a lot I would be all over it because it seems like the perfect thing for sitting in the airport or on the plane but I'm still not sold on everyday average tasks. That's why I would wait for the second gen to come out hoping it would act more like a scaled down computer to run stripped down versions of Mac applications as opposed to acting like a big iPod touch/ news reader. I love hearing the opinions of you guy who have one already though so keep it coming!

Smile More than I expected
    My iPad is more than I expected...it's my main surfing/media device. I rarely use my iPhone, except for calls, and I use my Macbook Pro mainly for Aperture 3 and Photoshop CS5.

I learned to type just as quickly on the iPad as on my wireless keyboard and I often use Pages and Keynote on the iPad. With the Camera Connection Kit I can backup my photos from the SD card from my Nikon D5000 and can do organizing/deleting photos before I upload them to Aperture for editing.

I started reading books again, thanks to iBooks, and also subscribed to a few magazines including National Geographic.

Since my partner purchased his iPad we enjoy playing Scrabble over WiFi.

That last thing I do before going to sleep is watch movies on the iPad.

I love the iPad, and I laugh when people say it's a big iPod Touch. Crazy.

I pretty much put my MacBook out of commission after I got this thing. LOVE IT!!! Actually only used my iPhone for calls and text since that day hahaha. Now I will use iPhone4 much more than my 3G but all in all this iPad is some of the best money vie ever spent. And the battery life is insane compared to a laptop! Def suggest you purchase one. I have the 32g 3G model

What's Jailbreak? thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,002 Times in 564 Posts

I bought the 16 GB wifi and felt I didn't have enough space for me so ordered the 64GB Wifi 3G. Couldn't live without it. I love reading books on it and magazines. Plus the screen size is a big plus when playing games!

And one more think I love about it and that is the portability! Much easier to take along with you than a laptop.

If your looking to buy one I might sell my 16GB with a Apple Case as well because I don't need two of them.

I really think that it is worth it. I love the screen size, the movies, tv shows, 1,000,000 hour rated battery for music (don't quote me on that though). Its great. I have a cheapo phone (had to sell the iPhone for this) and never use the laptop anymore. I love surfing on this, as it is truly ultraportable.
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream!

It really is an amazing device - I absolutely love mine. I almost never use my laptop for browsing the web, reading or writing emails, watching videos, or playing games. I also agree that 16 GB of space is not enough. One thing I will say is the iPad will not replace your laptop for serious work. I did download one of the apps that reads Microsoft office documents. However, this is for emergencies only. If I have any serious work that needs to be done, I still use my laptop. However, for just about everything else, this is an absolutely amazing device!

I can understand the remorse iPad owners are going through after hearing of the new ip4s features/specs. But you can only do so much on a 4inch screen. iPad is about comfort, it's comfortable to read news/books/comics/play games and ultimately allows me to do 70% of my computer work on it, fast and ontop its real easy to carry instead of laptop+charger+bag. I used to have a 3G and now carry a nexus one and there is no way I can think of doing all that work on that small screen patiently without losing my mind, zooming in and out. So don't feel bad just know that your Internet experience on the iPad cannot be matched.

I would kindly like to know the opinions of iphone4 + iPad owners, share your experience, does the ip4 make iPad ebay-able?
    Last edited by mythamp; 2010-06-24 at 11:40 AM.

Thanks

No. There is a place for both. Now im home, i am still grabbing my ipad over my iphone, but i welcome the new features my iphone 4 offers and think they where both great purchases. Im just hoping apple hold out another year before releasing a facetalk capable ipad, which i will HAVE to upgrade to :/
    The Original Autobot of MMi
    Jesus couldn't turn into a fire engine

LOL -> "Winterboard does not interfere at all with my performance."

Suck it up, Sucker

What's Jailbreak? thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,002 Times in 564 Posts

Got my new iPad.... I was one of those suckers that wanted unlimited 3G so I jumped right in and got the best I could buy. Every time I leave my house my iPad goes right with me. If I go to a doctors appointment I take it, going to a ride with the hubby I take it. I more than love mine! I am not sorry that I bought both of them to be honest with you. If I don't sell my wifi one I will keep it also...

EDIT: I thought I might add I like to use my iPad for relaxation time!
    Last edited by thetoothfairy; 2010-06-24 at 09:27 PM. Reason: edit

iPhone? More like MyPhone katmeef's Avatar
    Thanks

Along with the normal browsing, reading and gaming, the ipad has been expanding my menu at home... I take mine grocery shopping with the big oven pro app telling me what to buy, then I sit it on the counter and it tells me how to cook... The ipad is making me more healthy

iPhone? More like MyPhone stereosympathy's Avatar
    Thanks

The iPad is definitely everything I thought it would be. For 80% of my standard computer tasks the iPad beats out my MacBook pro and iPhone 3G any day. And the portability/battery life makes this an amazing device for computing around town. And when I need to do some more involved tasks using iTeleport to work on my G5 server with my iPad has been totally awesome!

Gives thanks...Do you?

Thanks

I was absolutely in love with my iPad from the moment I got it on launch day . . .

And then came the iPhone 4. Everyone has his own preferences, but I reach for the iPhone 4 over the iPad, even at home.

Despite being smaller, the screen looks better! Yes, the resolution isn't quite as high as the iPad's, but the RELATIVE resolution (pixels/inch) is definitely higher! I couldn't believe it, but after getting used to the "retina" display, the iPad looks kinda pixelated to me!

... an is it just me, or have amazing iPad apps been coming a little slower than expected?

.... with that said, the iPad's an amazing device, I just think the iPhone 4 is a little bit more amazing.