Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Ipad / 3G T mobile / EDGE hack questions

Default Ipad / 3G T mobile / EDGE hack questions
    I was planning to purchase an Ipad until At&t discontinued the unlimited data plan. I recently found out that I can jailbreak the Ipad and use Tmobile sim card to run on EDGE.

Currently, I use a Tmobile unlock Iphone and I was wondering how I can get a duplicate sim card to use on the Ipad? I called tmobile and ask if that was possible and was told once a new sim card is activated, my old sim card will no longer work.

Other option was to purchase a data plan for $40 at Tmobile but, that's too pricey. So, how is everyone else doing this?

you can't use two sim cards at once... You either buy another Data-Only plan, or cut your existing card, and throw it in the iPad.

But edge on an iPad man, it'll suck
    The only thing I ask in return for helping, is that you click the thanks button, Thanks!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to babyblue_pimp For This Useful Post:

Imahottguy (2010-06-11)

Yes, it would. You could always buy a PAYG SIM and use it? But if you are going to do that, might as well go with AT&T for the data, as it would be 3G. I still don't understand why people use their iPhones on other carriers, especially in the US. When the iPhone supported 3G, it became ridiculous to want to use EDGE instead... But oh well, some people still prefer dial up internet and rotary phones. Get off the phone, i want to get online!
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream!

I was thinking of cloning my tmobile simcard and using it on the ipad.
    I know that I won't be able to use the Iphone and Ipad together but, I wanted to know if that was possiable.

Typically not talked about on this site... You have to be really careful with that. And actually I don't think it will work. Why not just get prepaid? Is it really that expensive?
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream!