Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Coding ON the iPad

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default Coding ON the iPad
    Hi, I am thinking of getting an ipad for my tech collection, and i can find use of it so haters get lost. Anyway my question is (cuz im doing a computer science course at uni), if there are any apps or jailbreaking apps to able to code on the ipad,. Like an Xcode alternative. Or even as simple at nedit (for linux) and compile by g++ through terminal. Has it been done through jailbreak or just normal. Can the iPad even recognise .cpp and .h files?

Thanks a lot,

Marc Tatossian

iPhone? More like MyPhone mitchell209's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't believe anything like that for the iPad has been released, but I could be wrong. Even if there were apps like that, it would still be far easier to just code from your PC.

Well, i guess you could build gcc for it, you should be able to install nano and make but i dont know. I code on my mac, my ipad is for entertainment!
    The gates in my computer are AND, OR and NOT; they are not Bill.

Iphone 3G, Ultrasn0w'ed using T-Mobile UK on a G1 Contract, 800 mins, Unlimited texting and unlimited internet! <--1337

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Alright thats cool, just wanted to know if I could. BTW i like your sig

I think you are going about this backwards. You need to approach it with the question, "What programs exist for the Iphone to code with." Then install those onthe ipad:

g++ iphone - Google Search