Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How long did it take you to receive your iPad 3g or iPad wifi version?

Yea, that doesn't make sense. Mine has been in Memphis since about 2am. Send that b!tch already!! I can't imagine it would take 4 more days to get from Memphis to Jax.

I called fedex and the lady she said the reason why it went to memphis was because their main hub is there and that's where they sort packages out and said my package it's on it's way to NY. So hopefully I can get it tommorow.

Sweet. I hope mine comes tomorrow from Memphis too. No activity on the tracking number since about 2am.

Thanks

pee-wee got his before any of us

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BiDHUNiurqY]YouTube - Pee-wee Gets An iPad![/ame]

Another point to mention from what I heard when I was waiting to receive my iPad is that the date that FedEx gives you is a bulk date. Basically it's just a precautionary date just in case something comes up, like a delay in Customs.

Here is my story about how long it took me:

I ordered my iPad 16Gb wifi + 3G on May 3 7AM PDT

My status changes to prepared to shipping the night of May 11.

May 12, 2010 2:31PM Picked up (SHENZHEN CN) China Time
    May 12, 2010 11:30 PM At local FedEx facility (LANTAU ISLAND HK) China Time
    May 12, 2010 11:32 PM In Transit (LANTAU ISLAND HK)[/B] China Time

May 13, 2010 11:31 PM Arrived at FedEx location (Memphis TN)
    May 14, 2010 12:45 AM Int'l shipment release (Memphis TN)
    May 14, 2010 4:35 AM Departed FedEx location (Memphis TN)

I received my iPad May 14 at 906 in the morning. When I ordered Apple gave me a estimated delivery date of May 11-15. When I received my "Prepared for shipment Notification" FedEx gave me a estimated delivery date of May 17 by 1030am. So basically in a sense, I received my ipad early.

You can also track the FedEx flight from China to Memphis, that's what we did on another forum. And approximately 30 minutes after the flight landedm our FedEx tracking info was updated. I checked my tracking info while my iPad was still in Memphis. This was at 4:35am, it said that my package had departed the fedEx location. I didn't think that it wouldcome in time for me to pick it up Friday. I was leaning more towards Monday. But then another guy on another forum told me to check my status again, and it was at my local facility at that time it was about 813am May 15.

So the night your iPad lands in Memphis you have a very good chance of receiving it the VERY next morning.

Hope this gives you all an idea.
    Last edited by pirarre; 2010-05-17 at 02:14 AM.

Thanks. I appreciate that. Hopefully it arrives sometime tommorow at my local facility and I can pick it up after work.

Mine left Memphis today at 4:52pm their time. I'm in Jax so I hope to get it tomorrow or Tue. Will it go ground or air from Memphis to Jax?

How do I locate a number for the local Fed Ex office here in Jax?

MY IPAD IS IN JAX!! I should get it tomorrow. Sweet!
    Last edited by canecop; 2010-05-17 at 05:21 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

When did you order your ipad?

May 5th. Said delivery was the 20th.

I ordered mines the same day. It's still and left Memphis at 2:38pm their time. I hope it gets to ny tonight.

If your ipad left memphis today, you should receive it tomorrow.

My ipad arrived at my local fedex and I called and the lady on the 1800 told me I can't pick it up till the 20th cuz that's my delivery date. Is that even possible? I never heard of a thing. I payed for my product and apple pay them to do their job. So if my package is there why can't I pick it up. Any of you guys had this kind of. Expirience?

Quote Originally Posted by kase1217 View Post
    My ipad arrived at my local fedex and I called and the lady on the 1800 told me I can't pick it up till the 20th cuz that's my delivery date. Is that even possible? I never heard of a thing. I payed for my product and apple pay them to do their job. So if my package is there why can't I pick it up. Any of you guys had this kind of. Expirience?
    If I were you I'd call your local FedEx office and ask them. I'm sure you can pick it up today. My esitmated Apple deliver date was May 11-15. Then when it shipped FedEx gave me a estimated date of May 17 by 1030. Now fedEx do not have no clue as to what estimated delivery date Apple gave you. I got mine earlier then the FedEx estimated delivery date. I even went there to pick it up. |I was there as soon as they opened.

If she don't give it to you, I'd ask to speak to a Supervisor. Did you contact the FedEx office before your package arrived to have them hold it for pickup, or did you contact them ask them to hold it for pickup after it arrived?

I called them (My local FedEx Facility) a day before it arrived and they set everything up over the phone. Maybe you have to contact them before it actually arrives.

I try to google the number to my local fedex but all I get is the 1800 number. How do I get that locations exact number?

I called after it arrived.
    Last edited by kase1217; 2010-05-17 at 04:03 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

"The Napoleon Dynamite of MMI" coloradoxmfan's Avatar
    Thanks

Hmmm.... I wonder why it hasn't left yet....I wish it would show when it's "on the boat" or "on the plane" ;-)

May 16, 2010 11:30 PM At local FedEx facility LANTAU ISLAND HK
    May 15, 2010 11:59 PM At local FedEx facility LANTAU ISLAND HK
    May 15, 2010 10:25 PM In transit LANTAU ISLAND HK
    May 15, 2010 2:39 PM Left FedEx origin facility SHENZHEN CN
    May 15, 2010 11:30 AM Picked up SHENZHEN CN Package received after FedEx cutoff
    May 14, 2010 6:17 PM Shipment information sent to FedEx

Mine has arrived. Ordered May 5th with a delivery date of May 20th

Thanks

Did anyone elect the "pre-sign" option for FedEx?

I did but I happened to be walking out the door when he arrived.

Thanks

Cool - I was thinking about it, but I'll be home on the delivery date.

Did the tracking website show when your iPad was in transit? Mine has been showing as "At local FedEx facility" for 2 days (in China).

Quote Originally Posted by coloradoxmfan View Post
    Hmmm.... I wonder why it hasn't left yet....I wish it would show when it's "on the boat" or "on the plane" ;-)

May 16, 2010 11:30 PM At local FedEx facility LANTAU ISLAND HK
    May 15, 2010 11:59 PM At local FedEx facility LANTAU ISLAND HK
    May 15, 2010 10:25 PM In transit LANTAU ISLAND HK
    May 15, 2010 2:39 PM Left FedEx origin facility SHENZHEN CN
    May 15, 2010 11:30 AM Picked up SHENZHEN CN Package received after FedEx cutoff
    May 14, 2010 6:17 PM Shipment information sent to FedEx
    Mine went through the same process. It should arrive in Memphis today and should receive it tomorrow morning.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast