Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to make non-iPad specific apps, iPad Size Compatible

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kkj1961 View Post
    Stealth -

When I navigate to /var/mobile/applications using iFile, all the folder names are long strings of numbers. When I go to /Applications, I can see the app names as the folder names. Is it ok to edit the plist files in the /Applications folder?

Kevin
    That's the place all you have to do is go to the info.plist in there and edit away.

Now if u want cydia apps you have to go into /applications instead of /var/mobile/application

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Doesn't work for all apps. Only ones I've tried so far that work are Beejive and Facebook.

These devs need to get working on updating their apps for the iPad now.
    Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?

If I helped you, be sure to press the Thanks! button over there ->
    If I didn't, press it anyway.

Hey Stealth, just a quick question for you. I'm trying to figure out what part I'm screwing up.

I downloaded ifile (shareware version, in case that makes a difference) from cydia, as well as I navigate to /var/mobile/applications and then the application folder itself.

Then i select the info.plist file, click edit, add the new lines, then done followed by save. Exit the program, and click respiring. Then check the application and it still opens as it did before.

Aside from being slow in general, am I doing something wrong?

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

Post a screenshot if you can. Double check you have the key right

Where EXACTLY should i place this? Should it really matter whether it's at the very bottom or not?

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

It doesn't matter

BYLINE app is working very nice. thanks for the trick.

iPhone? More like MyPhone brianmarocco's Avatar
    Thanks

some work many don't. Sportacular looked great but I am not able to move from the main screen.

no warez
    Last edited by StealthBravo; 2010-05-04 at 06:00 AM.

This is a very neat hack Here is some more info for you that may fix some of the issues you get with some of the apps. Many of the apps with this hack is only touchable in the upper left corner at 320 by 480 pixels. This can be fixed! SSH or use iFile and go into the app under /Applications. Locate the files with the .nib extension. Open these files in a text editor. Locate the strings showing "320" and "480", and change them to "768" and "1024". To make it perfect you will gave to be a little but more specific with the numbers you are changing. Let me know how it works for you!

Anyone have a list anywhere going of what's working and what's not with this?
    Photographer - ASYLUM(nsfw)

So far it doesn't work on the apps I have tried like Face melter I really wish it worked for all, but thank you for the post!

My iPhone is a Part of Me zinjen's Avatar
    Thanks

is it possible to make an iPad App compatible with the iPhone? For Example: The GoToMeeting application is only available via iPad but would love to use on the iphone.
    Don't forget to hit the thanks button if you liked what I said or did

Thanks
    The only ones that have work for me is iFile, Facebook and one game Call Of Duty World at War Zombies

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -photo.png   -photo-1.png   -photo-2.png  

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qmRVxA_sD4]YouTube - Facebook iPad Size !!!!!!!! finally ![/ame]

My iPhone is a Part of Me zinjen's Avatar
    Thanks

is it possible to make an iPad App compatible with the iPhone? For Example: The GoToMeeting application is only available via iPad but would love to use on the iphone?
    Don't forget to hit the thanks button if you liked what I said or did

ok i tried it on opera and now i dont see it on my ipad. I go to the app store and it says installed but it is not on my ipad. I editedt he info.plist file using diskaid Help!!

I also tried it on mobileme gallery app but no success i think im doing something wrong.

Thanks
    Download iFile from cydia is more easy to work with also post some screen shot of info.plis to see what you did wrong.
    Check to see is you did everything right
    <key>UIDeviceFamily</key>
    <array>
    <integer>1</integer>
    <integer>2</integer>
    </array>

While this is cool, I'll stick to hitting the 2x button for now until an auto feature is devised.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast