Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: I'm using my iPad for ...

Default I'm using my iPad for ...
    I wasn't impressed with the iPad when it was announced (not a decent laptop replacement for business, not an iPhone replacement for travel, not an iPod replacement for the gym, not a Kindle replacement due to lack of content and battery life) but I realized a little while later what is the iPad's ideal niche.

Our family room is a fair way away from our home office (where our computers are) and there were lots of times when we needed to look something up, read the news, check mail, weather, update Netflix, Facebook etc and so I moved a 6lb laptop to the family room. But it's heavy, clumsy, ugly and only last 3 hours on batteries.

So for us the iPad is the ideal coffee table/family room device - great for consuming content and a little content creation (mail, facebook).

Where will you be using yours?

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

thats pretty much what I am using mine for at the moment. I have some other uses for it I want to try out this week.

iPhone? More like MyPhone ltjbigshot's Avatar
    Thanks

Looking to use mine fore school. So far I have fallen in love with huis thing. Give me a jailbreak and wow.... This thing will be unstoppable. Haha
    Sent from my iPad

Thanks
    Thanked 1,182 Times in 915 Posts

Mine is the same. Gonna be a living room device.
    [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

Mine will be for school

Thanks

The GF came home from work, she was against me buying another device. But now I can't use the iPad at all because she can't put it down. She hardly ever touches the laptop but she hasn't set the iPad down since she got home.

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

^Oh wow, you may even get lucky tonight then huh? lolz

^yeah. When she goes to bed he might get the ipad for a few hours!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to moon#pie For This Useful Post:

Cer0 (2010-04-04)

I intend on using my iPad for the living room - when my girlfriend is cooking it's easier to keep occupied and yet still offer company with something like the iPad.

That and for the bathroom. Hey, beats magazines!

i got it tiger, that was funny.

for me, im gonna use mine to fill the empty void i have inside that can only be filled by buying something I dont really absolutely need but nevertheless will rationalize why I must have it. so, ill be using it to pacify myself til the next thing.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to floppy_joe For This Useful Post:

Poseidon79 (2010-04-06)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger92 View Post
    That made me laugh big time.

Thanks

Funniest thing I've read on MMI. Nice
    To live, you have to lie

My wife also mocked... And then proceeded to steal my iPad for 2 hours last night!

After I did the initial synch with my laptop yesterday, it's been off and collecting dust. I use the iPad on the couch, outside with morning coffee, in the bathroom, even using it today in the kitchen for an Easter dinner recipe.

This device far surpassed my expectations. They did a great job with this and I couldn't be happier.

Livin the iPhone Life javiert30's Avatar
    Thanks

Entertainment...

Jailbreak it daddy...

soon my son, soon

Thanks

lolz

Quote Originally Posted by Mandingo2010 View Post
    I wasn't impressed with the iPad when it was announced (not a decent laptop replacement for business, not an iPhone replacement for travel, not an iPod replacement for the gym, not a Kindle replacement due to lack of content and battery life) but I realized a little while later what is the iPad's ideal niche.

So for us the iPad is the ideal coffee table/family room device - great for consuming content and a little content creation (mail, facebook).

Where will you be using yours?
    The only thing i would disagree with you on not replacing is the kindle with the kindle app the lack of content is identical and the battery life is nothing to shake a stick at although I realize it is no kindle.

I will literally use it everywhere! It will mainly be a couch surfer which is a lot of what I do and felt bad for my MacBook pro for just browsing the internet so much but now I can just pull it out when I am editing photo or video.

My only real complaint, as others eluded to, is that my wife is going to take mine and I am going to have to buy a 3G one when it comes out (don't tell her though)
    is there a such thing as a fanboY with a y? if so is that better or worse than a fanboi? im probably one of them just which ever one is less drastic

Well, it's true. Getting lucky in that situation would mean getting the ipad for a little bit. Contrary to those who are not tech geeks belief. You guys see the guy who right infront of his GF said he would take to ipad over her. Lol

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

My GF bought a book on it yesterday afternoon... Never put the thing down and finished the book last night!! I had to steal it while she was sleeping this morning and take it to work to get some quality time with it!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    My GF bought a book on it yesterday afternoon... Never put the thing down and finished the book last night!! I had to steal it while she was sleeping this morning and take it to work to get some quality time with it!!
    time to buy your own

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast