View Poll Results: Do you wish you had fully working bluetooth and do you think my theory will work?

Voters
734. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yeah, I miss bluetooth. I think this could work!

605 82.43%
  • Bluetooth was great, but your theory will never work...

40 5.45%
  • I don't care for bluetooth much, but this might just work...

25 3.41%
  • Nah, I hate bluetooth. Couldn't care less what you think!

6 0.82%
  • This is a good theory, I'm willing to try and make it happen. =]

58 7.90%
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: BLUETOOTH: I think it's time for action...

Quote Originally Posted by nauj27 View Post
    Wow, I've already read the whole thread and I have some things to say. Anyway, almost every think I go to say is on the thread:

- /dev it's a devices directory where are mapped the hardware in device files.

- The /dev filesystem devfs is used in the iPhone and you can't write to this directory basically because the permissions are:

and there are no write permissions for anyone.

- The filesystem it's not encrypted at all:

/dev/disk0s1 is the first partition where is located the system and /dev/disk0s2 the media filesystem for media files. Both have write permissions for root.

- The executable file /System/Library/Frameworks/BluetoothManager.framework/BluetoothManager has some strings that make me think it's the more important for manage bluetooth, like:

And I finally think no developers work in this issue even with money pay because it's a difficult think and no one can accept money for a try only.

I would like to know how to play with all this but I'm looking for more technical information for now.

Anyway I think we can play with device files. Surely /dev/tty.bluetooth is a serial port connector to device. I'll try to compile python with serial module support and play with all this info.

Best regards and keep in touch.
    Very interesting post Do you have any idea how popular you'll be if you actually crack it?

Good luck man!!

Just wondering...can this file -

/System/Library/Frameworks/BluetoothManager.framework/BluetoothManager

- be hex-edited? I don't know much about Mac (or Mac-based) OS...but I bet if this were Windows, some genius out there would have Hex'd it
    Last edited by ajrulez; 2008-07-11 at 06:32 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My iPhone is a Part of Me MattMac's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ajrulez View Post
    Very interesting post Do you have any idea how popular you'll be if you actually crack it?

Good luck man!!

Just wondering...can this file -

/System/Library/Frameworks/BluetoothManager.framework/BluetoothManager

- be hex-edited? I don't know much about Mac (or Mac-based) OS...but I bet if this were Windows, some genius out there would have Hex'd it
    Yeah, I agree.
    That stuff is fantastic. It's great to have nauj27 join the team.
    I have been away for the last week, on holidays, but back into it now. If we can look into suspicious files we could unlock the answer.
    I very tired atm, keep in touch.
    16GB iPhone 3G
    2.2 Pwned
    Dedicated Cydia User

2.2 GHz Intel MacBook

Mac OS X 10.5.5
    Bootcamp w/ Windows XP

Paging nauj27 lol...any updates dude? I so want this BT thingy to work...although I have accepted the fact that unlike 80% of the people around me, I do not have a BT on my phone

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ajrulez View Post
    Paging nauj27 lol...any updates dude? I so want this BT thingy to work...although I have accepted the fact that unlike 80% of the people around me, I do not have a BT on my phone
    I'd given up to. But this has made new hope. I think he should get onto Zod and a few other devs that should be able to help him...
    16GB iPhone 3G
    2.2 Pwned
    Dedicated Cydia User

2.2 GHz Intel MacBook

Mac OS X 10.5.5
    Bootcamp w/ Windows XP

Quote Originally Posted by MattMac View Post
    I'd given up to. But this has made new hope. I think he should get onto Zod and a few other devs that should be able to help him...
    Lol sometimes I think you, myself, and couple other guys on MMi are nuts - everytime we see a post that mentions the words "Bluetooth" and "xyz file on iPhone" together we get our hopes up

Let me be the 304th person to say "Yeah, I miss bluetooth. I think this could work!".

I just spent the last half an hour on this one post, so if I say anything that has been stated - I apologize, but 10 pages of reading will tire anyone out.

I am not a developer (surprise!), but the first step for any programmer is - what do you want to accomplish and what are your hurdles? Let's not say we need bluetooth filetransfer, media streaming, to work with GPS devices, etc - lets shoot for one thing and then try to expand on it.

I really do not know much about the hardware the iPhone has or the bluetooth chip set but let's look at what we can already do and try to expand on it (if possible). We can use a bluetooth headset to talk to other people - so what would it take to make a wireless headset work to stream music? There (shouldn't) be much difference between the two I would think with the bluetooth profiles - that sounds more like we just need an application to offer that.

We have to remember that not every phone uses our OS, so that may be a challenge also when we state "but I want to send a picture to my friend *cry*".

I would be willing to donate to a developer and maybe get into the project myself for learning experience if anyone would be willing to take it up. Also we need to remember that because someone might say "I will do it" - that doesn't mean that they will complete this project - if it was a click of a button, it would have been done. In saying that we must understand that our donations may not be rewarded. A donation (IMO) is money given to a developer to help pay for costs (food, time, consideration to your project) and is not a guarantee that you will have a working project after x time.

In saying that I would be willing to donate to a dev and pay for the project upon completion also.

iPhone? More like MyPhone luistohe123's Avatar
    Thanks

You people aren't going to make a break through by discussing it
    you need to play around with the software...try out some thing, not just talk about it
    I love bluetooth and miss it too but I don't think this is the way to discover A2DP nad file transfer for iphone...

Quote Originally Posted by luistohe123 View Post
    You people aren't going to make a break through by discussing it
    you need to play around with the software...try out some thing, not just talk about it
    I love bluetooth and miss it too but I don't think this is the way to discover A2DP nad file transfer for iphone...
    Genius! Bravo! It's hella easy to say "this is the wrong way", but it takes a MAN with TWO BALLS to say "this is the right way"

It's people like you who laughed at Einstein and Newton...if Newton can discover gravity by watching apples fall down from a tree, then this thread can AND WILL achieve it's goal. If you can't help, then please don't come and squirt around alrite?

I guess you'll never get it
    Last edited by ajrulez; 2008-07-22 at 05:33 AM.

Thanks
    if u have a bluetooth headset you cant show off your new (or old) iphone when talking on it in public :P, altho A2DP would be very nice, seeing as how i have a bluetooth stereo headset from my old phone..
    Iphone 3G, unlocked & activated.
    Windows XP SP3.
    T-Mobile.

I don't REALLY need bluetooth, but it would be cool from time to time. and every one of my friends can't believe when I tell them the iPhone can't transfer files while every crappy $10 phone from china can do (ok, the iPhone actually is from china too, but what the hell )

in the end, it would be really cool to see this, but I guess that everything transfered via bluetooth has to somehow pass some kind of ... I don't know ... security-thing and it only allows apple-certified stuff to pass. I don't know, I'm not a developer, but I guess if it was easily doable someone would have done this by now.

The thing I COULD imagine would be that it is somehow possible with PwnageTool, since it would be able if you interfere with the firmware directly so it let's everything pass through bluetooth. but then again, that would be a huge security risk (and bluetooth is highly unsecure anyways)

regards

Thanks

BlackWolf, read the other posts...
    It doesn't have to correct profiles for different devices.
    Nothing to do with security, although security could have something to with why Apple left some of them out...
    Last edited by MattMac; 2008-07-28 at 08:52 AM.
    16GB iPhone 3G
    2.2 Pwned
    Dedicated Cydia User

2.2 GHz Intel MacBook

Mac OS X 10.5.5
    Bootcamp w/ Windows XP

My iPhone is a Part of Me Jay316's Avatar
    Thanks

I'd pay for a working Bluetooth app, but I'd rather not give Apple 5 for something that should already be there. Please Please crack this thing.
    16GB iPhone 4
    160GB Black iPod Classic

Sold
    16GB iPhone 3GS
    60GB iPod Classic
    80GB iPod Classic

Broke
    120GB iPod Classic
    16GB iPhone

Green Apple
    Thanks
    I bought a Motorokr S9 along with my iPhone thinking I could listen to music wirelessly but can't I really hope someone is working on it.

I totally agree iPhone NEEDS stereo blue tooth so I can use my nice wireless head phones.

I am ready to donate also to developer. Please please do somthing, it is one the most important missing thing in iphone, which make me crazy.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to netuser For This Useful Post:

factro_ (2008-08-05)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I too will donate to get the profiles working and some sort of application going.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to bam86 For This Useful Post:

factro_ (2008-08-05)

iPhone? More like MyPhone fletch33's Avatar
    Thanks

count me in for some donating
    "i believe louisiana is the pelican state"

20. The Following User Says Thank You to fletch33 For This Useful Post:

factro_ (2008-08-05)

Thanks

Ohk. I have set-up a PayPal account. People can donate and I will give updates often with the balance. It will be securely looked after, and will not be withdrawn until a Bluetooth project is underway!

People, get exited. With some money pulled together, we could fund a dev to start this off. It's most definatly not impossible!

Also, if you would like to join, I have started an IRC Chanel dedicated to Bluetooth discussion, #BluetoothProject at irc.moofspeak.net xD
    Last edited by MattMac; 2008-08-04 at 09:15 AM. Reason: Button Incuded :)
    16GB iPhone 3G
    2.2 Pwned
    Dedicated Cydia User

2.2 GHz Intel MacBook

Mac OS X 10.5.5
    Bootcamp w/ Windows XP

I am willing to work and try and push to get this to work... i have no money but i will help other ways... including testing
    always hit the thanks button

no signature spam/links... Thanks

Will donate soon thanks for putting this up

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast