View Poll Results: Do you wish you had fully working bluetooth and do you think my theory will work?

Voters
734. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yeah, I miss bluetooth. I think this could work!

605 82.43%
  • Bluetooth was great, but your theory will never work...

40 5.45%
  • I don't care for bluetooth much, but this might just work...

25 3.41%
  • Nah, I hate bluetooth. Couldn't care less what you think!

6 0.82%
  • This is a good theory, I'm willing to try and make it happen. =]

58 7.90%
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: BLUETOOTH: I think it's time for action...

My iPhone is a Part of Me MattMac's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cscho0415 View Post
    I TALKED TO A DEV
    But he didn't say it was impossible. We can find it. A dev would greatly profit for something like this.
    Yeah, it will be a big job, but stick a $15 price tag on it and you will stand to make $15000. There are millions of iPhone users. Not many would not love this feature. I would be willing to pay up to $50AUD or more and will be a major part in this. I would help a dev (or a team of dev) to compile this task.
    I'm sure there is someone out there who can do it. And all the files for the firmware are on the iPhone (what do you think the first partition is)... You just have to locate the right ones...
    From the get go I have never said it will be a simple matter of putting a file from a computer into the iPhone. Rewriting needs to be done, regardless. We just need a team of people to get this going...

It can be done. It would be a long and energy draining task, but admit it, IT WOULD PAY OFF.
    16GB iPhone 3G
    2.2 Pwned
    Dedicated Cydia User

2.2 GHz Intel MacBook

Mac OS X 10.5.5
    Bootcamp w/ Windows XP

Default Bluetooth Transfer
    Hey guys

So far good work.

I am happy to donate money as well.

What we need to understand is, its not as simple as just adding profile. There few thing that needs looking.

Iphone does not have disk support and due to this reason we are unable to save anything by downloading, i.e. safari, from where, you cant download anything.

What we need is a software, that can accept the files and then put them in specific location which is not encypted and can accept files.

May be a small partition on Iphone HDD.

I wish i could help but i am not a developer and have no idea how things are developed.

Thanks

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rohit_baba View Post
    Hey guys

So far good work.

I am happy to donate money as well.

What we need to understand is, its not as simple as just adding profile. There few thing that needs looking.

Iphone does not have disk support and due to this reason we are unable to save anything by downloading, i.e. safari, from where, you cant download anything.

What we need is a software, that can accept the files and then put them in specific location which is not encypted and can accept files.

May be a small partition on Iphone HDD.

I wish i could help but i am not a developer and have no idea how things are developed.

Thanks

Erm, I think we have established that we need to do more than just out profiles in.
    And I have no idea what your on about... Many apps manage to save files to the iPhone. It's all about permissions...

Thanks for the input though.
    16GB iPhone 3G
    2.2 Pwned
    Dedicated Cydia User

2.2 GHz Intel MacBook

Mac OS X 10.5.5
    Bootcamp w/ Windows XP

" Erm, I think we have established that we need to do more than just out profiles in.
    And I have no idea what your on about... Many apps manage to save files to the iPhone. It's all about permissions...

Thanks for the input though. "

__________________________________________________ ___________

Thanks for informing me that it is only matter of profile.

I am sure someone will come up with it, in mean i know some devs i will check with them and let you know.

thanks

Thanks

" Erm, I think we have established that we need to do more than just out profiles in.

Thanks for the input though. "

__________________________________________________ ___________

Thanks for informing me that it is only matter of profile.

I am sure someone will come up with it, in mean i know some devs i will check with them and let you know.

thanks
    Cool, thanks. I doubt it will happen though...
    This would be a hard task. I have pretty much given up hope on it. lol
    16GB iPhone 3G
    2.2 Pwned
    Dedicated Cydia User

2.2 GHz Intel MacBook

Mac OS X 10.5.5
    Bootcamp w/ Windows XP

Ok. So there are a lot of application that can access a computer's hardware directly, correct? So wouldn't this just be a matter of building an application that can initialize the hardware and use the correct profiles?

Quote Originally Posted by MattMac View Post
    Hey,
    Im not so sure if this has been covered before... but I can't find any major topics on this issue in my skimming of the forum... But I have come across this thread and it has sparked my once interest in the topic of BLUETOOTH...

And going by what the has been posted and discussed, there is no reason that this isn't impossible...

It is noted in the MMI Wiki, here, that the iphone only has 2 out of the 25 possible bluetooth profiles... Meaning that the bluetooth feature is fully functional, it just needs the profiles to run it...

My theory is, couldn't you basically port the needed profiles to the iPhone and make an application to manage them allowing us to send files to other phone, use the iphone as a dial-up device, and the many more features bluetooth had once blessed us with... My questions are "is this, at all possible?" and "has anyone actually tried it?"

Please developers, here my call, and hopefully others, and try and develop a way for us to used the full capabilities of bluetooth like would with our Nokia's...

I will be willing to donate to anyone who will develop a way to use the full functionality of bluetooth on our iPhones, I urge others to do so too...

Matt.
    you can use bluetooth on your iphone for seamless, wierless. music by useing a Jabra A125s Bluetooth music adapter for the ipod. it works wonderful! you can even switch between calls and music by turning on the bluetooth in the phone on and the auto pairing of the Jabra. its a answer for now, untill apple dose it on there own. but it dose work and works well. I just tryed it out to see if it would work. and now i need to let allof you who want a stereo headset to use with your iphone, this is the only way you will get it. try it out. and enjoy

Thanks

@miles146, I think were looking for more of the features that the iPhone bluetooth fails to present. Eg, The ability to attach it as a USB device, file transfer, etc.
    But yeah, if that's all you use bluetooth for then that's great!

@ibanezbass, It's not as simple as that. The profiles have to written for the iPhone. We don't know where to get the profiles from. We don't have a dev, and none of us know how to program. It's not as easy as you think...
    16GB iPhone 3G
    2.2 Pwned
    Dedicated Cydia User

2.2 GHz Intel MacBook

Mac OS X 10.5.5
    Bootcamp w/ Windows XP

Hey guys

Does any one know why dev team is not getting involved in Bluetooth issue.

Do they know something that we donít?

Do they even know if this is possible or not?

Note: for Dev

Please advise if there is light at the end of tunnel, as at this present moment we all walking aimless in dark.

Thanks

Hey guys

Does any one know why dev team is not getting involved in Bluetooth issue.

Do they know something that we donít?

Do they even know if this is possible or not?

Note: for Dev

Please advise if there is light at the end of tunnel, as at this present moment we all walking aimless in dark.
    The Dev's think it will be too difficult of a task... And as it would be. I have given up on this. It seems that no matter how much we fight, they are stubborn.
    It's possible. Read the thread. But no one will take up the project.
    16GB iPhone 3G
    2.2 Pwned
    Dedicated Cydia User

2.2 GHz Intel MacBook

Mac OS X 10.5.5
    Bootcamp w/ Windows XP

I am bit surprised with developers.

They have done all sorts of things without being paid. On this occasion people are willing to donate and they are not interested.

Some thing dosn't sound right.

I mean surley, first time when they release jailbreak and unlock, it must have been difficult but they did.

How hard can this be for them?

I am not a developer, but i do have knowledge of sdk pack and java language. i think i can give some time to it with someone's help.

Any suggestions or ideas then please let me know.

thanks

Rohit_baba

Thanks

Wow, almost 250 votes for thinking it would work... Wish I didn't set the poll private so i could see the people that voted...

Guys, I think its a lost cause... Maybe someone from the MMi forum's DRP Team could comment. I don't think they would take up the project like other devs won't, but I'm going to try and contact one of them and see what they say.

If its a no, than I think its over. Wahkiz and m3thodandr3d have said it wont happen in this thread (thanks for your input guys). We will have to wait for Apple to pull there heads out of there asses...
    16GB iPhone 3G
    2.2 Pwned
    Dedicated Cydia User

2.2 GHz Intel MacBook

Mac OS X 10.5.5
    Bootcamp w/ Windows XP

Wow, almost 250 votes for thinking it would work... Wish I didn't set the poll private so i could see the people that voted...

Guys, I think its a lost cause... Maybe someone from the MMi forum's DRP Team could comment. I don't think they would take up the project like other devs won't, but I'm going to try and contact one of them and see what they say.

If its a no, than I think its over. Wahkiz and m3thodandr3d have said it wont happen in this thread (thanks for your input guys). We will have to wait for Apple to pull there heads out of there asses...
    That's hella sad I was really hoping that we'll get Bluetooth. At least some people (including yourself) tried whatever they could

Thanks

i dont think we should make this thread dead though. if it isnt going to happen i really want to know exactly why, because modmyi.com is a great source of information, and it clearly states on this very website that it is only a SOFTWARE limitation. if the hardwares there, it must be possible to run it... somehow.

i have heard mixed about that reeko... i have heard that the iphone chip cant handle it even though thats not what convinced me... what convinced me is that its not just an out there file that blocked it... its deep firm ware data which is very hard to access and that it is protected with encryption... finally a DEVELOPER said that its not gonna happen so i gave up
    always hit the thanks button

no signature spam/links... Thanks

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cscho0415 View Post
    i have heard mixed about that reeko... i have heard that the iphone chip cant handle it even though thats not what convinced me... what convinced me is that its not just an out there file that blocked it... its deep firm ware data which is very hard to access and that it is protected with encryption... finally a DEVELOPER said that its not gonna happen so i gave up
    Umm, nothing is blocking it. Bluetooth needs profiles to run. The firmware is missing profiles needed to run certain features...

Man, let people have there opinion. Just because you take your opinion from one person, it doesn't mean everyone does...
    16GB iPhone 3G
    2.2 Pwned
    Dedicated Cydia User

2.2 GHz Intel MacBook

Mac OS X 10.5.5
    Bootcamp w/ Windows XP

My iPhone is a Part of Me Jay316's Avatar
    Thanks

Couldn't just import the profiles?
    16GB iPhone 4
    160GB Black iPod Classic

Sold
    16GB iPhone 3GS
    60GB iPod Classic
    80GB iPod Classic

Broke
    120GB iPod Classic
    16GB iPhone

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jay316 View Post
    Couldn't just import the profiles?
    You can't. They have to be rewriten for the iPhone.
    You would have learnt that if you had the friggen thread. I hate noobs that don't bloody read!
    16GB iPhone 3G
    2.2 Pwned
    Dedicated Cydia User

2.2 GHz Intel MacBook

Mac OS X 10.5.5
    Bootcamp w/ Windows XP

You can't. They have to be rewriten for the iPhone.
    You would have learnt that if you had the friggen thread. I hate noobs that don't bloody read!
    Little does he know how much time you and couple and other guys spent on this profile idea I am still hoping for a miracle - one fine morning I'd wake up and see my BT working

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ajrulez View Post
    Little does he know how much time you and couple and other guys spent on this profile idea I am still hoping for a miracle - one fine morning I'd wake up and see my BT working
    I think that fine day is some time off yet. When Apple releases 2.5 maybe. or 3? Or maybe not at all, they have the power, and the reason we mod is because we think that they shouldn't hold that power...
    16GB iPhone 3G
    2.2 Pwned
    Dedicated Cydia User

2.2 GHz Intel MacBook

Mac OS X 10.5.5
    Bootcamp w/ Windows XP

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast