Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: SMS and other alert directories

Default SMS and other alert directories
    could someone tell me where I can find and manually change SMS sounds, Customize mesed mine up and its stuck silent
    T-mobile has stolen my wallet's heart

Same here...need to know where the directory is and if I can upload customized SMS alert tones to my iPhone.

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka cash7c3
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,254 Times in 649 Posts

./System/Library/Audio/UISounds

Livin the iPhone Life aziatiklover's Avatar
    Thanks

try to find the back up file first
     Think Different

USing iBrickr make sit really easy to change system sounds.

iPhone? More like MyPhone spongebobiwan's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dash-2 View Post
    USing iBrickr make sit really easy to change system sounds.
    I'm running jailbroken 1.1.2 and WindowsXP and was able to successfully use iBrickr to upload my desired custom alert tone for
    arriving e-mails and voicemails, but NOT successful using the same method for my arriving SMS messages for some reason. I was able to do this successfully on 1.0.2 jailbroken for all three.

And also, is the location for the e-mails received and voicemails received sounds in that same folder posted above for the received SMS sounds ( ./System/Library/Audio/UISounds ) as I don't see the ones in there that I uploaded using iBrikr for those two applications?

????
    Last edited by spongebobiwan; 2007-11-25 at 06:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by spongebobiwan View Post
    I'm running jailbroken 1.1.2 and WindowsXP and was able to successfully use iBrickr to upload my desired custom alert tone for
    arriving e-mails and voicemails, but NOT successful using the same method for my arriving SMS messages for some reason. I was able to do this successfully on 1.0.2 jailbroken for all three.

And also, is the location for the e-mails received and voicemails received sounds in that same folder posted above for the received SMS sounds ( ./System/Library/Audio/UISounds ) as I don't see the ones in there that I uploaded using iBrikr for those two applications?

????
    I found the sms-received*.caf files in the above listed directory.. the only way I could get my custom sounds to work as SMS alerts was to delete one of the native files and rename MY file as, for instance, "sms-received6.caf"

Quote Originally Posted by mapiwoni View Post
    I found the sms-received*.caf files in the above listed directory.. the only way I could get my custom sounds to work as SMS alerts was to delete one of the native files and rename MY file as, for instance, "sms-received6.caf"
    what file format did you use for your audio files that you put in place of the native .caf files? I tried mp3 with no avail... Thanks