Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Getting rid of cracked repo files

Default Getting rid of cracked repo files
    So I recently deleted all the pirated repos from my device and was just wondering how to get rid of the repo icons for them. Because it has a red message saying it attached to Cydia and I could possibly do some damage to my phone if I get rid of it.
    Last edited by Broomhead; 2015-02-19 at 11:37 PM.

Fist, we don't give support for anything, that has to do with pirated stuff.
    Off the record...try using iLexRat, to clean your device from all the tweaks and repos.....your jailbreak will stay intact.
    And again, forget the pirated stuff, it can only cause problems.

I plan on trust me. I still have a few issues but hopefully they will go away once I do that

Thanks

Oh, removing the various "repo icons" packages, with the warning along the lines of "Files installed to Cydia.app!"?

I don't have much expertise with this at all, so I would wait for someone more knowledgeable to confirm, but I believe removing those repo icon packages should not negatively affect your devices, assuming you've removed all the piracy repos and any packages installed from those illicit repos.

Thanks
    Thanked 12,544 Times in 7,599 Posts

^You got it.

I will await confirmation then

Quote Originally Posted by keveed92 View Post
    Awesome!!!
    FYI... If you are using iLex, make sure you don't have a password on. It's causing a bootloop and causing people to lose their JB.

-imageuploadedbymodmyi1424379943.769895.jpg-imageuploadedbymodmyi1424379958.739838.jpg-imageuploadedbymodmyi1424379987.806234.jpg-imageuploadedbymodmyi1424380001.777705.jpg-imageuploadedbymodmyi1424380014.317191.jpg-imageuploadedbymodmyi1424380038.819077.jpg-imageuploadedbymodmyi1424380054.004013.jpg-imageuploadedbymodmyi1424380071.498440.jpg

So here are al of my tweaks now. I am having trouble with my Notification Center on the lock screen. Every time I try to make u it down my devices crashes and reboots Into safe mode. I also have this weird issue where in some apps my keyboard had a colorful glow behind it. It changes colors pretty regularly. I noticed it's mainly in the app, scruff. Anyway me hve any suggestions

Restore and call it lesson learned, pay for your apps. Sure there are a few ways that "might" work, might not tho. Good luck

Is there a good step by step guide to doing it so I can make sure I don't lose anything too important In the process

Thanks

Step by step restoring? or iLex Rat?

Whichever u think i should do. lol.

Thanks

I'd use iLex Rat iLex Rat - Restore jailbroken iPhone or iPad back to original state and clean your device to a fresh jailbroken state.
    And refer to this post too. http://modmyi.com/forums/file-mods/8...ml#post7227397

Thanks

If your not having any issues after the removal, then leave it alone.

SO when he said make sure you dont have a password on did he mean hour touch id and the 4 digit code for that? And that link just directs me to this thread. LOL

SO when he said make sure you dont have a password on did he mean hour touch id and the 4 digit code for that? And that link just directs me to this thread. LOL
    Yes. Make sure your lockscreen password and Touch ID are off.

One more question my ifile automatically unzips the file for ilex rat how do I change that

So I removed all my tweaks using Ilex rat and downloaded some of my tweaks back and immediately had a crash. When it rebooted it was frozen on the lock screen so i used the sleep and home button then rebooted into safe mode. But it didnt really boot into safe mode. Just that mode that is similar and you cant see any of the tweaks or their setting. But also I cant load cydia. I tap the app and cydia comes up and then shuts down. I tried it on spotlight as well with the same effect. I also noticed I downloaded a lot of tweaks but only four of them came up. Confero, Conveergence, and two others i cant remember. BUt I downloaded like six more. Not sure what to do because I dont have anything to respring with.

Thanks

So I removed all my tweaks using Ilex rat and downloaded some of my tweaks back and immediately had a crash. When it rebooted it was frozen on the lock screen so i used the sleep and home button then rebooted into safe mode. But it didnt really boot into safe mode. Just that mode that is similar and you cant see any of the tweaks or their setting. But also I cant load cydia. I tap the app and cydia comes up and then shuts down. I tried it on spotlight as well with the same effect. I also noticed I downloaded a lot of tweaks but only four of them came up. Confero, Conveergence, and two others i cant remember. BUt I downloaded like six more. Not sure what to do because I dont have anything to respring with.
    Try SSHing into your device as the root user. Password should be unchanged from your previous installation, default is "alpine" otherwise.

You can try reinstalling Cydia one of two ways:

Code:
    apt-get update
    apt-get install cydia
    reboot
    If that doesn't do it, you can take the longer route.

First, grab this .deb and save it to your computer. Use an SFTP program (Cyberduck, Transmit, etc.) to copy that .deb onto your iPhone in an easy-to-access place, I'd recommend putting in the directory /private/var/root. You can also use SCP to place the files in the directory. Here's your code to run in the root shell, assuming you're in the correct directory:

Code:
    dpkg -i cydia_1.1.16_iphoneos-arm.deb
    reboot
    After the reboot, you should be in better shape with Cydia.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast